Chapter 42: War with [Flora Guild]

"Guild Master... they still haven't made any moves until now"

"... What the hell are they planning?"

An elven man with long silky golden hair and a pair of thin glasses said with a frown on his face while standing on top of the castle. Looking at the army situated from afar that only did nothing but stand and not do anything for the last couple of hours. Making many of his humanoid soldiers tense up in response. Afraid of facing any kind of tricks that the [Den of Monsters] may pull out just like what they did with the rest of their wars.

'... Their main army is those monstrous creatures that we saw from the recording of their wars with the previous guild... Those creatures themselves are pretty lethal because they have no regard for their lives whatsoever and would just continue to throw themselves and pummel down the resources and power of their enemy. This is the reason why I chose it to be a war with a limited number of soldiers but... I didn't expect that they also have a considerable amount of snipers in their guild... it doesn't matter since the plants won't die from their stems or body getting shot at. I just need to hide my soldiers behind the castle until we get an opportunity to counter attack'

He thought before he saw the [Ghosts] of their opponent suddenly point their rifles at the castle. Making the guild master narrow his eyes in response. Wondering what they were planning to do, causing him to raise his hand as the plants started to grow taller around the castle. Blocking the [Ghost]'s line of sight. Preventing them from sniping anyone inside their base.

"They're playing far too safe... it's weird"

He said. Remembering that in the [Den of Monster]'s previous match. They were the ones who threw themselves first to their enemies even when they were not using their main attack force, the [Zergs]. Making him feel as if something was wrong due to how passive they are.

"Don't tell me their-"

He said before he felt a chill run down his spine. Making him immediately look up in response, causing him to see a rift in space before a giant missile suddenly came out of the rift. Dropping in their direction at incredible speed, causing the guild master looked at his soldiers in a panic before raising his voice to issue an order to everyone.

"EVERYONE GET DOWN!!"

He shouted before the plants stretched out and created a dome above their heads. Blocking the first nuclear missile a strong tremor spread across the entire castle. Toppling the weaker ones off their feet before all of them got down on their knees to prevent themselves from getting thrown out of balance.

"ALL OF YOU STAY ON YOUR GROUNDS! WE DON'T KNOW HOW MANY WILL THEY FIRE AT US SO DON'T FUCKING MOV-"

The guild master shouted before another loud explosion occurred on top of the dome of plants. Chipping away a significant amount of the plant's body. Making dead plants and debris rain down on everyone in the open area in the middle of the castle, but they didn't show any fear or terror in their eyes. All due to the fact they experienced countless guild wars before this, so this much should be nothing to them.

"HOLD ON!!"

The guild master shouted before glancing up at the sky. Making him see dozens of large nuclear missiles slowly coming out of the rift, causing his mouth to twitch in response before he pressed his hand on the ground.

"FUCK! [ENHANCED GROWTH]!!"

The guild master shouted as he spread his mana on the soil. Enhancing the nutrients and growth rate of the plants protecting the castle but to his surprise. None of it worked, causing his eyes to furrow in response.

"What the- WHY AREN'T THE PLANTS GROWING!?"

"Guild Master!! Those are highly radioactive missiles!! They're disrupting the growth of the plants!!"