Chapter 44: Consulting Hiroto

"We're back!"

Panty shouted in an extremely loud tone as she kicked the door of Hiroto's mansion open. Making Hiroto's mouth twitch in response. Watching as his lovers started to enter inside the take a seat on the sofa in his living room.

"Staying in Hiroto's place still feels a lot better than staying at my mansion"

Panty said as she slumped down on the sofa. Feeling a bit tired from their date before noticing Shizuka being weirdly quiet during their journey back home.

"Is there something bothering you?"

She asked, causing Shizuka to shake her head to the side. Wondering if she should say it, but couldn't muster up the courage to say it.

"You girls stay here for a while. I'll whip up a few snacks for tonight's movie marathon. Does any of you have any special request?"

Hiroto asked as he glanced at his lovers. Making them look at each other in response as if asking one another what they would like to eat.

"We'll eat whatever is available. Do you need any help?"

Kotori asked as she prepared to stand up and help Hiroto out in the kitchen. Making Hiroto gratefully smile at her before both of them went inside the kitchen. Leaving alone the girls in the living room.

"Shizuka? You've been weirdly quiet since we went back home. Is there something on your mind?"

Saeko asked, causing Shizuka to hesitate in response before looking in the direction of the kitchen. Making Saeko guess that it may have something do to with Hiroto.

"If you have something on your mind. Don't hesitate to speak up. Don't stress yourself out too much. You're at your most sensitive stages of pregnancy, so if you have any problems. Don't hesitate to consult us"

Saya said, causing Shizuka to place her fingers on her chin in response as she glanced at each of the girls in the room.

"I'm just thinking... do you think that... it wouldn't end well if Hiroto remains kind of like a pushover when it comes to us?"

She said, causing many of them to look at her in confusion. Making Shizuka furrow her eyebrows as she tried to think of ways to explain it.

"Think of it like this... we're going to welcome another batch of lovers in a few weeks. It wouldn't be good if Hiroto remains like a yes-man, right? I think it would be better if he becomes a bit more active in managing the harem... b-but it's not like I don't like the current him but... I don't think remaining like this would be beneficial for both him and us"

"... I guess... you have a point... if the harem becomes too large. It would be inevitable that we would start fighting for his time and attention. Having him assert his control and dominance over the harem could be needed at that time"

"I-I agree"

Kaede said in a slightly nervous tone. Feeling a bit anxious about speaking up due to her timid personality.

Unlike most of them, she is one of the lovers that felt displeased and uncomfortable from the fact that they started pushing girls into his arms. She firmly believed that it was better for Hiroto to be the one to voluntarily do that rather than them pushing them without his consent. Since, in the end, if things didn't work out, then Hiroto and the girl would be the ones to suffer.

That's the reason why, unlike the others, she didn't actively participate in recommending girls for Hiroto to capture. She believed and trusted Hiroto to do it himself. She doesn't blame Hiroto that all of this happened, and in fact, even think that they're the one at fault, but she knew that it was impossible to convince everyone to stop, especially the demons who tends to have a very different perspective for them since they grew up in a lawless environment. So the best possible solution is to make Hiroto stop being too soft toward them.