Chapter 76: Planting Spies

"Do you have any other complaints with the treaty, Lucifer?"

Hiroto asked as he waited for Lucifer to finish reading the entire treaty that they have decided on. Along with the conditions that they placed, which were refined so that no one could take advantage of any loophole in the treaty. Making Lucifer smile in response before snapping his fingers, causing a pen to appear in front of him. Signing the treaty before passing it to Hiroto so that he could sign it as well. Just to show that both parties agreed with whatever was written in the treaty.

"Thank you for your time... about the spider-like creature..."

He said, causing Hiroto to point his finger outside in response. Making Lucifer turn his head to see a large vortex forming in an open area. Distorting the space around it before it spat out a large, inactivated colossus on the ground.

"I have already deactivated it so it won't randomly attack you when you bring it back"

"I see... I'm grateful for your consideration, general"

"How about Runeas and Lilith?"

"I'll have a few of your soldiers follow us just outside the devil faction, so we can escort both of them out and give them in your soldiers' care. Is that fine with you?"

"That's fine"

"Then, it's a pleasure to meet you. I hope we can meet again in the future"

He said before he opened the glass door of the meeting room and flew down the house. Hiding the excited smile on his face since studying and dissecting this colossus might bring dozens of breakthroughs in their faction. Making Hiroto stand up in response and move to the balcony to watch him.

"Are you sure this is fine?"

Rimuru asked once again as he jumped out of his jacket and landed on the rails of the balcony. Making Hiroto grin in response as he watched Lucifer levitate the lifeless colossus in the air and walk toward his army. Preparing to go back to their faction, and start studying the colossus given to them.

"That colossus didn't come from our army, Rimuru... but from my inventory"

He said, causing Rimuru to look up at him in confusion. Wondering what he was trying to point out.

"So?"

"That's just an experimental piece produced by Azazel when she was trying to study how Protoss technology works. She was trying to replicate their inventions first before going out of her way to create her own Protoss units by combining their technology with the magic system of my dimension... She produced hundreds of defects, some of which are extremely dangerous when dissected in the wrong way. What I gave them is one of those, and if they ever try to dissect it in the wrong way, it would go kaboom"

Hiroto said as he mimicked the gesture of something exploding with his right hand. Making Rimuru stare at him in shock and bewilderment in response.

"In the treaty, it was stated that I would give them "a colossus"... but it didn't specify if they're working properly or not, since to his knowledge. This colossus is a biological unit, not a machine. That's why I didn't elaborate on what they are so I can take advantage of his lack of understanding of them... to basically kill the greatest minds that the devil faction can give"

"What if they survived it?"

"They can't... not even a tier IV can survive it. The kind of explosion that it will trigger is not our usual explosion, but more of a malfunctioning vortex. It would rip everything in space within a radius of 100 meters with it as its center... and nothing would remain"