Chapter 62: Collapse of [Ifrit Guild]

"Grandfather, why did you suddenly call for us?"

Jiro's mother asked as she, and her husband entered the study of Hiroto's great-grandfather with a look of confusion on their faces. Wondering why their old man was suddenly gathering all of the family members together in one room out of the blue.

"Stand behind your good son"

The great-grandfather, Suzuki Sho, said while looking out of the glass window in front of him with his arms crossed on his chest. Making the couple look in the direction of their son who was kneeling on the ground. Completely drenched in sweat while anxious look covered his entire face. Fully knowing how bad the situation is right now since their usual calm great-grandfather was showing anger after 20 years, which was the day that their great-grandmother died. 

"You wastrel, what did you do now!?"

Jiro's father angrily said as he walked towards Jiro and gave him a smack on the back of the head, but earned no response from him who just remained silent. Bowing down his head without daring to make a single move.

"Grandfather"

Jiro's aunts and uncles greeted him as they all started to enter the study one by one. Looking at each other in confusion before they noticed Jiro kneeling on the ground, causing them to frown in response as they could already guess what happened.

"What did you son do now!? Can't you even control that sex freak just for once!?"

"Shut up!! Never insult my son in front of me"

Jiro's father said as he glared at his younger brother, who walked beside him together with his wife and eldest son. Sparking the start of an argument but was stopped by a single cough from Sho. Making all of them focus their heads on their grandfather who didn't dare to look at them, or else he'll lose all control over his emotion and start lashing out. 

"Suzuki Arata... tell me, what's the virtue of the Suzuki Clan. I want you to tell it to me in a loud voice so that everyone in this room can hear it"

He said, causing Jiro's father, Suzuki Arata to look at his siblings in response. Wondering what was happening before he stepped forward and placed both of his hands behind his back. 

"Value your family like how you value your own life!!"

"... Yes... I taught all of you this since you were all young, but how did it manage to come to this..."

Sho said as his voice trembled due to extreme anger while his shoulder trembled. Trying to keep the raging flame inside of him because of the news that he has received from the intelligence department of the guild. Making him clench his fist tight in response.

"I taught you this virtue multiple times... every day and every single night that passes. I always repeat this as you grow up... but tell me. TELL ME HOW DID YOU RAISE YOUR SON FOR HIM TO BE SUCH A SCUM TO HIRE SOMEONE TO TORTURE HIS COUSIN!?!?"

Sho angrily shouted as he turned around and threw the reports he received at Arata's face. Making Arata stand still in response before grabbing the papers to read it's contents.

"Huh? It's just Marise's son. Why are you making such a fuss about it, grandfather?"

"Just Marise's son... JUST MARISE'S SON!?!?!? THAT IS YOUR OWN LITTLE SISTER'S CHILD!! YOU'RE NEPHEW! YOU DARE BELITTLE HIS LIFE!?"

The grandfather angrily shouted as he pointed his finger at Arata. Trembling profusely due to their absurd reaction of treating their blood relative like some kind of disposable trash. Making him breathe rapidly in response as he couldn't believe what he was seeing.