Chapter 69: Preparations

"So... what do you plan to do once you're there, Hiroto?"

Saya asked Hiroto was laying down his head on Takamiya's lap. Enjoying some lone time with his fiancées before he sets off to do his quests... which he estimated would take him at least a few centuries since he'll be sent to a time during the great war. He didn't know which point in time in the great war, but he was sure that it would be around the middle or close to the end. A time in which most of the major characters have not yet been born. So, he has no choice but to stay idle for centuries before he can even think of finishing his second quest, which is to seduce a list of characters provided by the system.

"Secure an area to build a base and defend it while it is still being constructed... but to be honest, it's not like those three factions would care about a random force that suddenly popped out of nowhere. Especially when they are in a midst of killing each other"

He answered. Thinking that if he escapes from the three faction's eyes, he'll be able to complete his goal of setting up a base. If they did get discovered, then the only factions that he knows would try to invite him to side with them after seeing their army is the devil faction. Heaven, would most likely just ignore him if he remained neutral, but he wasn't sure how Grigori would act.

Grigori's governor-general is a bit too unpredictable and hard to read even though he does act like a fool most of the time. But one was clear and that is he cares a lot about his faction and his fellow fallen angels. So, as long as he shows them what their army is capable of doing. It is very likely that he'll immediately retreat, to not endanger his followers.

He never really understood why Grigori even joined the great war, since the conflict mainly centered around Heaven and the Devil Faction. God wanted to stop the devil's plan on dominating the world so he waged war with them, while the devil fought back while God was at his weakest from sealing Trihexa, the apocalyptic beast. The Fallen Angels just joined in the middle, so he guessed that Grigori must've saw this as an opportunity to weaken the other two factions, but it severely backfired at them after they became the new target of these two factions.

"Unfortunately, I have no plan on playing safe. That's why half of my troops are protecting and constructing the base. I'll slowly chip the numbers of devils and fallen angels... As for an alliance, to be honest I'm not too keen into forming an alliance, but I probably won't be actively attacking Heaven. They were just doing whatever they could to protect humanity"

"The quests said that you have to destroy half or eradicate at least 1 faction, right? Have you decided which one to target?"

"If I have to pick then... it would definitely be the Devil Faction... but I can't really completely eradicate them since Venelana and a majority of the lead characters belong to that faction. I'll have to settle with destroying half of their faction... and I'll be targeting all members of the Old Satan Faction specifically"

Hiroto answered, causing Michael to nod her head in understanding while Lucifer just shrugged her shoulders. Unlike Michael who feels a bit disturbed for having to wage war against her own kind, Lucifer and the demons doesn't really give a damn no matter what happens to the devils. All because they don't really feel or show empathy to their own kind, and only those who are close to them. They were chaotic by nature, and are often in war with each other, that's why they weren't able to develop an orderly and strong connection with each other unlike the angels.

"As for Grigori... l guess I'll give them a scare to make them back off from the war"

He said before Nia placed down a large map on the table. Showing the areas in which the Great War occurred in, but due to the minimal information that she can gain regarding it. The only areas that she is able to mark is the main territories of the devil faction, Grigori, and Heaven. So, Hiroto would be the one to mark them once he arrived at the DxD dimension. Making all of them lean forward in response.