3. Call Me Every Day

Shawnie's POV  

I was taking Genesis over to Chris's house. She was gonna stay with him for a few days. He was super excited that I came to LA to bring her to him.

I drive up the driveway and I see Chris walking out of his house.

He had a big smile on his face. I haven't seen him since he surprised me at the hospital when I had Atlas. I park the car and he gets Gen out of the back seat. He kissed and hugged her, then waited for me to come around to his side.

"Thank you for this." He says leaning in and kissing me on the cheek.

"I told you I would. You've been coming to Toronto for the last few months, and this was our agreement."

"I'm happy you held up your end of the deal. How long are you staying?"

"I don't know yet. I have to talk things over with Aubrey."

I look at him and he's looking at me weird. I watch his eyes move from my eyes, to my neck, to my shoulders, then my arms.

"What?" I say

"Why do you have bruises on your neck and arms?"

I instantly grab my neck. I completely forgot about the wild night Aubrey and I had. I meant to put makeup over it to cover it up but I completely forgot.

"Oh...Um..." I laugh. I couldn't think of an excuse quick enough.

"And this looks like a bite mark..." he points to my shoulder.

"Um, it's nothing." I smile

"Did you get into a fight with him or something? I know I'm not the ideal person to talk to about this but—."

I cut him off, "No! Nothing like that. Aubrey wouldn't do that. Don't think that. This is awkward, but...we..."

"Oh..." he looks at me for a few seconds then walks away into his house. I follow behind him.

I'm sure that's going to make things super awkward now.

I walk in and close the door behind me and I look over in the kitchen and I see dirty dishes in the sink. "Oh my goodness..." I make my way into the kitchen. "Chris, What have I always told you about keeping dishes in your sink?"

"Don't." He answers quickly.

"Exactly. So why are the dishes in the sink and this is not just from today, so don't lie."

"Man, I ain't washing no dishes."

"Well, put them in the dishwasher. Where is your cleaning lady?" I ask

"I had to fire her."

"Why?"

"I fucked her."

I laugh, but not because it's funny. I laughed because I was in disbelief. He's just so casual with how he conducts himself sexually now and he doesn't even care.

I just turned around, turned the water on, found a sponge and started washing his dishes. I actually cleaned his whole kitchen and when I was done, I walked over to him and Gen. I kissed her and grabbed my purse.

"You're not staying?"

"No, and you're welcome for cleaning your kitchen."

"Damn. Thank you, mama." He says, smiling.

"My friend is here with me from Toronto, and we're going to go hang out for lunch."

"Is she cute?" He asks

"She is, but you know my friends are off limits."

"Yeah, I know. But if you're cool with it..." he shrugs and smiles harder.