Party Pt. 1

Shawnie's POV

I walked into my bedroom after a super stressful day. I was promised this pregnancy wouldn't be overwhelming, but these last couple of months it has been nothing but that. I'm currently 38 weeks pregnant and I can go into labor at any time now. I'm also planning a birthday party for my soon to be one year old, daughter Genesis. The party is in five days and I've been going back and forth with my ex, Chris, for the last two hours about a fucking cake. He wants vanilla and I want chocolate. So I suggested marble, which is both, but he doesn't want that. My party planner said to just have two cakes, but he doesn't want that either. I don't know what's up with him. He just wants to control something and get under my skin and it's working. I'm super stressed out, and for absolutely no reason. We shouldn't be arguing over stupid things like this.

I saw my husband sitting in the chair, in the dark. He had his back turned towards me so I could see what he was doing, but he wasn't moving , he was just sitting there. I watched him for a few seconds before I went over to him. After a minute of no additional movement, I walked over to him and stood in front of him. He was just sitting there. As soon as I stepped in front of him, he picked his head up to look at me, snapping out of whatever state he was in.

"What's up baby?" He says smiling, reaching for my hands.

"Aubrey, is everything okay?" I ask, rubbing his head.

"I'm good, I was just zoned out." He places his hands on my stomach, simultaneously lifting my shirt to reveal my stomach.

He places a kiss on my belly twice, then pulls it back down, leaning back in the chair.

"How'd it go?" He motions for me to sit in his lap.

"I'm so happy we did this at home. I don't think I could've made it if the party was in LA. I would've gone crazy. I feel like things would've gotten worse today, LA has so much drama." I explain

"Yeah, his name is Chris Brown." He scuffs.

I laugh, "Stop it. Don't talk shit! He's not all drama. He's gotten a lot better."

"He has, I'll admit that. What happened today?"

"We argued over cake." I hold in my laugh when I see how Aubrey looks at me. I can say it's amusing now but when we were arguing, I was highly pissed off.

"Cake?" He says in disbelief.

I finally laughed, "Yes, but we came to an agreement. I just let him have what he wanted."

"And what was that?" He asks

"Vanilla."

"Vanilla?" He scrunched his face up, "Man, fuck everything up and have strawberry cake, pineapple, something. Vanilla is so boring."

"Just drop it. He's getting the vanilla, whatever." I say

"Whatever. Where's the baby girl, with him?" He asked to keep her with him for a few hours.

"Yes. He's dropping her off at 8." I say

We've really come a long way in the last two months. He's come out here to visit four times now. He stays downtown in a hotel and I always drop her off to him as soon as he gets into town. The only reason I haven't gone to LA yet is because I'm pregnant. We agreed, a month after I have the baby is when I'll start traveling for him to see her, so until then he travels here with no problem. It is actually working for us.

"Okay. That's cool and all, but I'm not gonna have too many more of his late night calls, and you getting up out of bed, pregnant as hell to go help him." He says