98. Juice

Shawnie's POV

When I got home from dinner with Odell, I went straight upstairs and showered. Joe wasn't in my bed, but I've noticed, when I go out with other guys, he's always in his own bed when I come home. Today is no different.

I showered and slipped on my robe. I brushed my hair up into a bun and brushed my teeth. I was content with my decision. I think it's a smart decision, and to be honest I just don't want to deal with all of that. I know people can easily argue that I shouldn't have gone and got involved with Odell in the first place but honestly it just happened. It wasn't even supposed to be what it turned out to be. It started as us just fully conversing with each other and it just turned into more. Neither one of us planned this, but it's what happened and I don't regret it. The only thing I regret was people finding out. It was something that was meant to be private but it's not anything you can keep private being a celebrity. I'll never get used to that shit.

I don't know how I'm going to address this because everyone is thinking that Odell and I are a thing now. The only thing I can do is just say it was a bad angle that looked like we were kissing.

I shrugged my shoulders and walked out of the bathroom. I got in bed and laid there for a few minutes. I picked Joe over Odell and without hesitation. That's how I know I'm going in the right direction. I only say that because I don't want anybody else. If I had to only be involved with him for the rest of my life, I would be happy. He's who I want to be with and I'm going to make this work....

And I want to be with him right now.

I rise from my bed and make my way to his room. Gently, I open the door, aided by the soft glow of the hallway light. As I enter the room, I close the door behind me. Navigating through the darkness, I approach the bed and slip into it alongside him. With his back facing me, I snuggle close, and he begins to stir. Eventually, he turns onto his back, wrapping his arm around me.

"Hey!" He says

I reach out and firmly grasp his face, planting a passionate kiss on his lips. Instantly, he responds, reciprocating the kiss and enveloping me in his arms. We engage in a fervent make-out session, embracing each other tightly, consumed by the intensity of our connection.

After a while, I reluctantly break away from our embrace, my gaze fixed upon him in the darkness. Although he couldn't see my expression, I am overwhelmed by a profound realization: he is everything I desire. There is no doubt in my mind that he is the one I want, and I have no interest in anyone else.

"What?" he responds, his hand gently caressing my hair.

"I ended things with Odell...I don't want to date anyone else, I don't want to date around. I only want you." I say

I feel him nodding his head. "Okay..." he acknowledges, then pulls me closer, positioning me on top of him. I rest my head on his chest, listening to the rhythmic beat of his heart. For the remainder of the night, we remain silent, finding solace in each other's presence without needing to say another word.

********

THE NEXT MORNING

Joe and I were sitting at the kitchen island, enjoying breakfast together. He had woken up early to cook for me, which I found incredibly endearing. After a night filled with intense emotions, it warmed my heart to see his thoughtful gesture of making breakfast for me.

As we sat there, a comfortable silence embraced us. It reminded me of the peaceful moments we shared back when I stayed at his condo in Vegas. Our connection was effortless, and everything felt serene. I relished that feeling once again.