87. Matter Pt. 2

Shawnie's POV

"SHAWNIE, WHAT THE FUCK!!" Chris yells from the other side of the door.

"What are you doing here?" I yell covering up like her can still see me.

"I came to talk to you. Put some clothes on and come to the living room." he says, and I hear him saying something else, but he was walking away.

"Welp, that was awkward." Joe says, laughing. This motherfucker didn't even flinch when he saw Chris.

"I can't believe that just happened. I can't believe he saw this." I say, facepalming.

"It's not like he doesn't know." He says

"I don't know what he knows... It's still awkward. I don't know what I'm gonna say to him."

"Just tell him the truth. You don't even have to address it, all you have to say is I'm sorry you saw that and keep it pushing." He says with a shrug.

"Yeah."

"While you're talking to him I'm gonna go for a run and give you guys some privacy." He says

"Shower when I get back?"

"Yep!" He says then we get out of the bed. He goes into the bathroom and I put on some underwear, put my T-shirt back on and throw on a robe and I met Chris in the living room.

"Hey! What are you doing here?" I say walking into the living room. Chris was sitting on my sofa. I already knew he was mad.

"We need to talk." He says sternly.

"Okay... I didn't know you were here. I thought you were Mercedes." I say

"No, I'm not Mercedes. I saw her leaving when I was coming in. She told me you were upstairs in your room and to just knock on your door. I didn't know you were in there fucking somebody."

"I wasn't. We were talking."

"Yeah, talking with no clothes on. So if you weren't in the act, you were either about to do it or just got done doing it." He says

"I'm sorry you had to see that. You know if I would've known it was you, I would not have told you to come in."

"I know...." He shakes his head staring at the ground. "I don't wanna see that shit."

"I know, Chris...I'm sorry." I say genuinely.

"You with him now? I saw the pictures."

"Pictures? You shouldn't have seen anything. I paid to get that shit deaded." I say

"So, it's true?"

"No, it's not true. And that's exactly why I wanted to have the photos removed. Joe and I are not together..."

"But I saw the pictures—."

I cut him off. "I'm talking to somebody else."

"But you're still fucking Joe?" He says

"Chris... I don't want to talk about this. When there is something that I feel you need to know, I will let you know."

"So you're cheating on the guy you're talking to with Joe?" He says

"No, I'm not—We're not—Chris—." I get twisted in trying to answer his question without really answering the question. I don't necessarily feel he needs to know all the details of what's going on with me right now and I can't come up with the exact words that I want to say.

"No, she's not." I heard Joe say from behind me. "She's dating and she has the right to do whatever she pleases. She's not sleeping around. She's only sleeping with me." Joe says, confidently.