44. Sleep At Night Pt. 1

Chris' POV

It was about 530 AM and the sun was rising. The boat had docked a few hours ago and we were just stationed there. Shawnie was laying on my chest and we were just laying in bed enjoying the moment. We both were half asleep, but she's such a light sleeper and I barely sleep, so we both were still alert. She had drifted off to actual sleep for a minute, I could tell because her grip was loosening around me. I picked up my phone and looked at my calendar.

"Shit." I say

Shawnie pops her eyes open and she sees me sitting my phone down on the bed.

"What's wrong?" She asks

"I thought I didn't have rehearsal today but I do. We have to do a whole run through of the show."

"So you're not staying two days?"

"Nah. I gotta get back to LA." I say somewhat disappointed.

"Oh... okay. I was kinda hoping you would." She says

"I know, me too." I say

"When are you going to leave?"

"In a couple of hours."

She sighs, "Okay." She wraps her arms around me tighter. "I don't want this to end."

"I don't either." I tightened my grip too. "How are you feeling about last night?

"It was so sweet of you to do that for me. Everything was perfect and I had fun, even the extracurricular activities."

I laugh, "We haven't spent this much unbothered time together in years. We spent the night together. This is nice. I'm feeling a way though...you laying on me naked, walking up next to you... giving me flashbacks of when we were together. I miss this."

She rolls on her back, releasing her grip from me. She put her hand on her head and just stared up at the ceiling. She looked as if she was really thinking about the situation.

"Me too." She sighs, "You know we can't stay like this forever."

"I know. I want to but I know we can't. But, as long as you're out here if you did want to see me things will go a lot smoother. A lot of people won't know..." I say

"I know I'm going through issues right now but I'm not trying to be in a full on affair with you. This is nice and I don't want it to end but it has to." She looks at me.

"I'm not trying to have an affair with you either, and have you cheating on your husband and all of that but this just feels right and you can't get mad at me for wanting this. I know you gotta do what you gotta do and take care of business and then I'm not even sure when you do get divorce from him you're gonna come back to me but I'm loving this and I don't want it to end either so why don't you come back with me."

"To LA?"

"Yeah. It's only for the day. You come to rehearsal with me, and you and Gen can see what I'm working on, and then we can fly back here. I can stay for a couple hours and then I'll go back home."

"I mean, I wouldn't mind seeing all of the girls." She says referring to my dancers.

"They asked about you all the time, especially Lindsay. I think you should come and show your face. I'll make it a closed set so no random people can be there, it'll just be the people who need to be and I'll make sure you're kept out of whatever videos or photos are taken by anyone. I know the last thing you want is to have a story come out that we're hanging out."

"If you can do all of that, then okay." She agrees.

I smile. "Okay?"

She nods her head up and down. "Yeah."