46. Let's Call It Off

Shawnie's POV

My dad spent a week with me and the kids in San Diego. It wasn't too eventful, it was just us spending time together. It was very needed. My dad got to spend time with the kids, which is exactly what he wanted. Chris FaceTimed me and he got to speak to my dad a couple of times during the week. It's not like they don't talk anyway. I'm sure they probably talk weekly.

My dad and Joe got along great. I actually think he likes Joe a lot. Way more than Aubrey, and probably Chris too. I got very suspicious when he pulled Joe to the side and they had a conversation. Joe wouldn't tell me what it was about and neither would Joe. I guess I just have to wait and see if Joe will break down and tell me one day.

Aubrey didn't come down to visit my dad. He played like he was so busy when any other time he would be here practically stalking me. He's been such an asshole but turns around and says he wants to work things out. It's all bullshit.

It was the following week, and Aubrey and I had an event to attend. I would've said no but it was a Tiffany & Co. black tie event. An auction for charity. I couldn't say no to something like this, plus I'm under contract to attend all Tiffany & Co. events.

Aubrey and I met at the Beverly Hills Hotel so we could arrive together. Joe got in the car with the other security guys and I got into Aubrey's limo and we rode to the event together.

Things were quiet for us on the right over. It was a little awkward but we have had a lot of shit going on and now just wasn't the time for us to hash any of that out. We haven't really talked much since the dinner with Christian and to be honest, I wasn't quite fond of bringing that whole situation up. I just wanted to get this shit over with so I could get the hell away from him.

Once we got close to the building he finally spoke to me.

"Please Mami, just act normal. No one knows what happens or the conversations we have in private, so they don't know what's going on between us. As far as everyone is concerned we're happily married. Let's keep it that way." Aubrey says

"Yeah, whatever. I don't understand why you want me to go to this thing anyway." I say looking out of the window.

"Because you have a job to do. You have to be here to wear your Tiffany's piece. And you're my wife. I can't attend something like this alone. They would know something is up, and it doesn't help that rumors are steady flying because of the blogs. I know you hate me but can you act like you love me for a few hours?" He pleads with me.

"I do love you, Aubrey." I say softly. "You just have to get it together."

"Well, it doesn't feel like it." He says

"Sometimes I don't feel loved either. So we're even."

He sighs, "Let's just get through the night and you can go back to San Diego, and be up Christian's ass."

I nod my head. "Fine." I look out of the window. Glad we can agree on wanting to get this over with. ".... And I'm not seeing Christian."

After a couple of minutes, he speaks.

"We have to do interviews." I roll my eyes.

"Well you can do all of the talking, you know how I am." I say

"You have to answer questions about the neck piece. They don't wanna hear from me about that."

"Aubrey, you know I don't do this. It'll be better coming from you. I'm nervous and I don't know what to say or do. Shit like this makes me anxious."

"But I'm right here with you. You know I'm not going to let you fall." He says, extending his hand to my lap.

I just looked at his hand for a few seconds, then I put my hand on his. He scoots closer to me and kisses me on my cheek.