47. Ratchet Happy Birthday

Happy New Year!!!!🎆

Shawnie's POV

It was the day of my birthday. I originally planned to spend it with Aubrey but since our public fallout, I knew that wasn't going to happen nor did I want it to happen. Plus I haven't talked to him in days. I've been trying to get in contact with him because I wanted him to bring Atlas down to San Diego so I could spend time with him on my birthday. I wanted both my kids with me but he's totally ignoring me. I even called Christina and she said he hasn't called her either. So I feel like he's kidnapping my son.

I thought I'd try one more time before I got out of bed. I grabbed my phone and texted him.

Me: Aubrey I've been trying to contact you for days about bringing Atlas down. Please text me back. It's my birthday and you're ignoring me. I wanted to spend my birthday with my children. PLEASE. Text or call me back.

I sent the message and put my phone down. A
couple of seconds later I hear my phone ding. I quickly picked it up thinking it was Aubrey. It wasn't, it was Christian.

Christian: Happy Birthday!! Yes, I remembered. I have something being delivered to your house. It's still weird being able to text you like this after so many years. I hope you have a wonderful day!! When I get a free minute I'll give you a call. I want to talk about what happened that day at my house.

I smiled to myself as I heard a soft knock on the door. I knew it was Joe.

"Come in." I say loud enough for him to hear but not loud enough to wake up Gen.

Joe walked in wearing a white, loose fitting tank top and black sweatpants shorts, with a huge bouquet of blue roses

"Awww!" I say, sitting up in bed.

"Happy Birthday!" He says, sitting them down on my nightstand.

"Thank you!" He hugs and kisses me on the cheek, then he hands me a small envelope.

"What's this?" I was surprised he got me anything for my birthday.

"Just a little something." He smiles.

I opened the envelope to see it was from a local spa. No amount.

"You know exactly what I need." I laugh.

"Yeah. I know you do. That's unlimited, so whatever you want to get you can."

"Thank you, Joe."

"You're welcome." He turns his attention to Genesis who is sleeping next to me. "Miss missy slept with mommy last night."

"Yeah.."

"Good way to wake up on your birthday."

"Yeah. She likes to sleep just like her mama." We both laugh, but I notice him looking at me a few seconds longer. I look at him.

"What?"

He shrugs. "Nothing. I just like seeing you like this, before you get all done up." He says

"No make up." I say

"Yeah...hair messy and all." He smiles.

"That's nice of you to say but you don't have to give empty compliments because it's my birthday."

"I'm not it's true." I wave him off. "Okay, Joe."

He looks away and shakes his head for a second.

"Anyway, I talked to your cousin, Mercedes." He says

"Really? How?"

"I asked Chris for her number." He says

"Damn. Y'all are really cool, huh?"