15. Survive The Night

Chris' POV

I woke up Saturday morning to my phone vibrating on the nightstand. I looked over to see if I was alone, and I was. However, I did smell food coming from the kitchen, so I wasn't really alone.

My phone vibrates on the nightstand again and I pick it up. I see a few TMZ notifications but I already know it's probably from when I left the hotel and they are still talking about me and Shawnie being there together. I just ignore it and put it back on the nightstand.

I get up and shower, and get ready for the day. I finally make my way downstairs and I see Jasmine in the kitchen cooking.

"Nice of you to join me. Sit down and eat." She says

She places my plate down in front of me and she takes a seat on the opposite end of the table. We both start eating in silence. I think she's still a little upset with me about the conversation we had yesterday, but to be fair, she really doesn't need to know anything about Shawnie.

My phone vibrates on the table and I ignore it, eating my food. But a minute later the phone vibrates again.

"Check your phone." She says. "It could be important, or Shawnie." She adds, being a smartass.

I wipe my mouth, eyeing her, before checking my phone.

It's a Shawnie alert.

I click on the TMZ article. Headline: "Does This Look Like Chris Brown's Girl?"

My face scrunches up at the title. Fuck you mean?

I scroll down and skim through the article. They're talking about how after we both left the same hotel and suddenly she's in Vegas with Drake. Then it's a video of Drake answering a question by kissing Shawnie. I watched the video. I watched it a couple of times forgetting I had her sitting in front of me. But damn, they really did that shit.

Seeing that shit. That shit really ain't sitting well with me. It hurt, and it pisses me the fuck off. She was lit too. She didn't even do anything to stop him or say anything. Damn, Shawnie.

And fuck him. I see he's back to being Petty Papi. Why can't this nigga keep my name out his mouth. I'm tired of it. And as far as how she's acting, I'm used to it by now. She's always trying to avoid questions that need to be addressed. I don't like it, but I'm used to it. I can't wait until this shit doesn't make me feel a way. This shit is killing me man.

I sit my phone down, eating a forkful.

"Everything okay?" She asks

"You wanna go to Vegas?" I ask

"What's going on?" She asks.

"You wanna go or not?" I ask, irritated.

"Of course, but what's going on?" She says, touching my arm, caressing it trying to calm me down.

"Look, Shawnie out here showing she wanna be with that nigga for real. And after everything that's happened recently, I'm just fed up." I confess.

"So you're trying to make her jealous?" She asks.

"Are you coming or not?" I ask, avoiding the question.

"Yeah." She says

"Aight. Go pack a bag and be ready within an hour. I wanna be there for the show." I say finishing up my food.

Vegas here I come.

********
Aubrey's POV

The next morning, I woke up around 8 AM. I had a lot of shit to do today. I had a lot of press interviews, I had a couple of appearances, and a signing as well. Not to mention, once I get to the venue I have to do a sound check and meet a couple of people. I had a very busy day ahead of me and I was probably going to be away from Shawnie most of the day, unless she decided to come with me, which I know she doesn't want to do.