96. Jayson Tatum

Shawnie's POV

The next day, I woke up to alerts. I knew I would, it was no surprise. Blogs were talking about us heavily. Our faces were on every blog site that I went to. Like clockwork, I was getting a text from Jason Lee.

JL: ???

Me: No relationship. Just friends, hanging out.

JL: potential relationship?

Me: Now you know I'm not answering that. What do you want to know?

JL: How did it happen?

Me: We share a publicist.

JL: Is he the mystery man you've been posting on IG?

Me: no

Even though Not figured out I'm somewhat seeing Odell, maybe I need to keep this from the public a little longer.

JL: Oh so this is a new man. Do you ever plan on revealing him?

Me: I don't know.

JL: I won't get too into your business but give me a heads up next time you're going to be in public with a new guy so I can be the first to run the story.

Me: Does it really matter? You get the exclusive. 😉

JL: That's true.

After I wrapped that conversation up, I went to look at the rest of my messages.

"...Aubrey. Nope!" I delete the thread. "Mercedes, not right now."

I see a text from my main man that's not so main.

OBJ: So you really went on a date with Jalen Hurts? I'm not mad about it but why didn't you tell me? I need you to move cautiously when he comes to another football player. That shit could play out on the field.

I didn't think about it this way. He's right. I can't date someone else in the NFL.

Me: Hey! Hope your day is going well. You're right. I wasn't thinking. We're going out later today but I won't see him after tonight.

OBJ: You need to chill out on public outings.

Me: I got you.

OBJ: 😊

I laugh to myself, then I get up to get ready for my day.

********

Later that day, Joe and I made our way to the studio to meet up with Jalen. It was my first time ever stepping foot into a film studio, and I must say, the experience was pretty cool. I got to witness Jalen talking about his life in an ESPN documentary for about an hour. It was fascinating to see him share his story.

After Jalen finished up at the studio, we headed out for an early dinner. He took us to a restaurant called Tatel, which was a new place for me. I was excited to try something different.

Once we finished our meal at Tatel, Jalen suggested going to an arcade. Now, if I'm being honest, going to an arcade wasn't exactly my first choice. But Jalen explained that due to the upcoming football season, he had certain restrictions in his contract. He couldn't partake in activities that could potentially jeopardize his ability to play. So, for safety's sake, we opted for some arcade fun instead.

While it may not have been my ideal plan, we made the best of the situation and enjoyed playing various arcade games.

As I played a driving game at the arcade, I suddenly sensed someone standing behind me. I turned to see Jalen, who had come up behind me and placed his arms around my waist. His question caught me off guard.