115. Drew A Picasso

Shawnie's POV

I turn around and I see Aubrey. I felt numbness wash over my body, then I got hot.

After he picked the phone up off the table he smiles at me

"Hey!" He says

I don't even acknowledge him, I turn and look at Jason. "What is he doing here?"

"Business meeting." Aubrey says, before Jason could open his mouth.

Again, I don't acknowledge Aubrey.

"How exactly are you working with him? This is a conflict of interest."

"Is it? Because I'm interested...." he smiles. "....interested in working with you. DreamCrew and Pride Of Gypsies have their own dealings. You won't be involved in that." Jason explains

"This movie you're talking about you want me in is too close. Production companies working together, I rather not. I can't chance it. Seems like a set up."

Aubrey laughs behind me and I turn around.

"No one is setting you up." Aubrey says

"Take your phone and go..." I say to Aubrey.

"You're mad at me?" Aubrey asks

"Of course. I'm sure this was somehow all your idea." I say. "What are the odds that were in the same place. A completely random place. You don't know him."

"I was contacted about you. We gave them Amanda's phone number. You're still under contract with Oliver."

"Bullshit. You told me when it ended." I say

"Well it wasn't finalized."

"End the contract now." Is all I say to him.

Now I know why they've been reaching out to Amanda. So when I was told over a year ago that Oliver terminated the contract that was a lie. He probably lied about it on purpose. Aubrey probably put him up to it I didn't even need one at the time.

I knew this shit was too good to be true.

"And I want termination documents." I say to him. "This is embarrassing, but I'm sure that's what you wanted anyway." I grab my purse and I try to leave but Jason speaks.

"Okay, hold on. Let's not make any permanent decisions based off of emotion."

I scuff. "Do you know who you're dealing with?"

"Nah, that's all you sunshine." Aubrey says and I roll my eyes.

"Let's talk about this like adults." Jason says

"Don't you think this should've been information I should know about?" I say to Jason. "You're going into business with my ex-husband."

"I was getting around to it. I didn't want to tell you in the middle of the meeting. The meeting had just ended." He says. "I was gonna take a shot with you and then we were gonna sit down and shoot the shit for a minute. That's when I was going to bring it up." Jason explains. I actually believe him, but it's just a situation that's pissing me off.