7. Petty

Shawnie's POV 

Dori and I had already picked up Mercedes from the airport, and we were on our way to get something to eat

Dori and I had already picked up Mercedes from the airport, and we were on our way to get something to eat. We stopped at a cute little restaurant in Calabasas. Of course there were paparazzi everywhere but we all know I can't avoid them. We sat outside so we could enjoy the weather while eating.

"So they literally watch you." Mercedes says, looking at Nate and Eric.

"They keep their distance, so they don't crowd me, but yes."

"I can't get used to this." She says. " Why don't they come sit down and eat with us or something?"

I laugh, "It's an adjustment." I say. "Anyway, loving the new hair!"

"Thank you. It was time for a change. So first things first, how does it feel to be back in LA?" My cousins asks

"It's okay so far. Besides Aubrey acting like a damn fool, everything is all good. I actually kind of missed it."

"Good! We'll come back to him acting like a fool. Secondly, how's my friend?" She asks, referring to Chris.

"He's good. He seems to be doing very well." I say

"Have y'all banged yet?" She asks

I laugh, "No, and we're not going to." I say

"Why not?"

"I'm married, Mercedes."

"But are you thooough? I'm just saying, I have yet to see a marriage license." She says

"It's public knowledge, you can pull it up on the Internet. We had all the marriage documents that we needed. If we didn't have them, we wouldn't have been able to get married."

"But did yooouuu?" She asks and I instantly get irritated.

"Oh my gosh, Mercedes don't start this shit. My marriage is legal. Don't start putting shit in the air because if the paparazzi or anyone hears you they're going to run with that shit. They already think we broke up and got into a fight over Chris. They pull shit out of thin air."

"I mean... the situation isn't that far off." She says

"It's way off. We're still very much married." I say

"Yeah whatever. Call Chris. I want to see him." Mercedes says smiling. Here she goes, starting shit. "Oh, wait! Y'all not still beefin right?"

"Huh?"

"I mean all of the legal stuff."

"Oh, that's an ongoing investigation. You must not have seen the post where I said I was lying because I was better."

"No. I didn't."

"Yeah, you would've given me shit for it. TMZ and every other news outlet reported on it. I'm waiting to see if they drop the charges. I shouldn't have said anything in the first place." I say. Even though it was true, I shouldn't have said anything to the public. I was just trying to hurt him but he ended up facing jail time. I had no choice. I had to say I made it up just so they would leave him alone.