41. In The Bible

Shawnie's POV

After a very awkward dinner, Christian said his goodbyes and left. I was left sitting there with Aubrey. We were in public so I couldn't really express my anger towards him. I had to remain calm, but as soon as I was able to, I was going to let him have it.

He just stared at me as I sipped the last few sips of my wine. By this time he has moved to the other side of the table. I was more intoxicated than I wanted to be. This turned into as shit-show. I couldn't just up and leave without people looking. I was just riding this out.

"Are you going to say anything?" He says tapping his finger on the table. You could tell he had so much to say but didn't.

"Nope. But I will say, you're a sociopath." I sit my glass down and try to pour more into my glass but the bottle is empty. I catch a random waiter walking by. "Can I have another one please?" I ask, holding up the bottle.

"A glass or a bottle?" The waiter asks

"The bottle." I say

"You know..." Aubrey cuts in. "Just a glass is fine."

"Okay. Coming right up." He says, then leaves.

I just look at him and shake my head.

"You can't help yourself." I spit at him.

"You're drunk. You're going to need help walking out of here. You're cut off." He waves the manager over.

I just sit in my chair and roll my eyes. I am livid. I just wanna leave but I don't wanna cause a scene.

"Look at what you're doing. Of course I'm drunk. Only thing I could do is drink." I say

"All I'm trying to do is make a way for us to get back to a happy medium."

I scuff. "...Happy medium. You're getting desperate...that's what you're doing. Fucking bitch." I spit at him, but we're interrupted by the manager coming over. "He's going to take care of payment." He points to someone behind me and the manager walks off.

"I'm trying to save you." He says, turning his attention back to me. "Ain't nobody gonna love you as much as I do. If I let you go, you ain't gonna be shit but Drake and Chris Brown's baby baby momma. You ain't shit and you ain't never gonna be shit without us. So shut the fuck up, sit there, and smile. So fucking ungrateful."

"I don't give a damn about any of that. You know I don't give a fuck about none of this. Don't act like you're doing me a favor. I don't want this." I say

The waiter comes back and sits my glass on the table in front of me but Aubrey takes it and starts drinking it.

"I'm trying to come up with some type of resolution." He says

"I don't want one." I say, almost in tears. "You're doing this in public where you know I can't just walk out, or say anything to you. You're doing all of this shit to me and I'm still looking out for you, and you have the nerve to tell me I'm not shit?"

"Aight. Whatever. Sorry..... you right."

"But you're not sorry. You never are... I'm done with this conversation."

"You wanna get out of here?" Aubrey says, as he's finishing my wine.

I just nod my head. I'm so upset I'm about to burst out in tears because I can't do anything. I wanna shove that glass down his throat and watch him suffer and bleed out.

"We can go to your place to talk. I know you're upset with me but I'm just doing what I have to do. I wanna talk about it. Let's figure this out." He says