103. Special Delivery

Shawnie's POV  

Joe and I walked away from the table, our conversation winding down as we made our way towards the door where Ben was waiting for us.

"Put on your glasses." Joe instructed me, his tone gentle.

I furrowed my brows in confusion. "Why?" I inquired, not quite understanding his request.

"You were crying, and you have a few fans waiting outside for you." he explains

"For me?" I said, genuinely surprised by the news. The idea that there were fans waiting specifically for me was unexpected.

Joe chuckled softly. He nodded in confirmation as we neared Ben, who was ready to guide us further.

"I told them I'd ask if you were up for pictures." Ben informed us.

I considered the situation for a moment. Interacting with fans was a part of the territory that Chris and Aubrey provided for me, and if they were waiting to meet me, I wanted to make their experience positive even though I had all kinds of shit going on.

"Yeah, it's fine."I said with a nod, giving my approval for the impromptu interaction.

As we headed towards the door, I adjusted my glasses as Joe had suggested, mentally preparing to step into the public eye once a fucking again. It was moments like these that reminded me of the unique blend of emotions that came with being in the spotlight. I loved my actual fans.

It's still crazy to say I have fans.

As Joe and I left the restaurant, our hands entwined, we were met with a small group of people waiting for me. It was an unusual sight, something I hadn't really encountered before. The idea that people were waiting to meet me felt weird.

I approached the group with a warm smile, ready to engage with my fans. Their excitement was palpable, and I was happy to connect with them. We exchanged pleasantries, and they asked me a range of questions that were light and friendly. They wanted to know how I've been, what have I been up to, and the purpose of my visit to Las Vegas. The atmosphere was light-hearted and I found their curiosity endearing but I'm not giving out any details.

A few of them asked Joe to take a picture with them, which seemed to take him by surprise. This was definitely a first for him. I thought it was cute that they asked him. Awww, he has fans. It was a new experience for him to be in the spotlight alongside me, and I found it quite adorable.

One of the fans noticed that Joe and I were holding hands and he wasn't letting go while we were taking pictures and talking to them. Joe didn't care either. He wasn't about to let go of me. He made them stand on my side while they took the picture.

"Are y'all finally an item?" One of the girls asked while glancing at our hands interlocked.

"No." I smile and shake my head.

"Yeah, it's just a security measure." Joe says

"Can I have a picture with the both of you?"

"Yes. But when you post this, don't start any rumors." I joke with her but I'm serious as hell.

She laughs and stands in front of Joe and I and we take the pic. Joe doesn't let go of my hand.

"Wait, can we take another one?" She asks

"Yeah." We pose for the pic again.