90. Jaded Pt. 2

Shawnie's POV 

I got a text from Aubrey saying that he needed me to bring Atlas to his house. Now I left Atlas home with Lexi because I knew he was gonna pick him up, but I thought he picked him up hours ago.

It was a weird situation because all of a sudden he just texted me out of the blue and asked for me to drop him off at his house. I don't have a problem with that, but I still just felt shit was off so I had Joe come with me. Luckily he was back from his little meeting with Ben and Kevin. I have to ask how that went.

When we got to his house, everything seemed normal. I got Atlas out and took him up to the house. Joe came with me, but kept his distance, of course. I rang the doorbell and he let us all in. I looked around and I noticed the lounge area was still jacked up. I walked over and saw that nothing was clean. The situation happened almost a month ago like why hasn't this shit been cleaned up yet.

I just said it wasn't my problem and ignored it. I kissed Atlas and he ran off to his bedroom. I saw Christina follow him. Aubrey just looked at me, then at Joe.

"The reason why I couldn't come pick him up is because something happened.... Some information was leaked... I'm still trying to get all the details but I need to talk to you about it." He says

I can see the seriousness in his face, and that he was telling the truth but I've learned from my mistakes and I'm not gonna let him switch up and be his usual self and try some bullshit, so I didn't let that bother me.

"Okay. We can talk right here." I say

"No, this really needs to be addressed in private." He says

"I don't care, Aubrey. I said, we can talk right here."

"I can step back but I'm not leaving her in any room with you by herself. I will keep an eye on her at all times." Joe says, informing him.

Aubrey didn't like that.

"Oh, that's what you gonna do?" Aubrey said disrespectfully.

"That's what she wants me to do." Joe responds

"Aubrey, grow up." He just looks at me.

Joe walks away, only a couple feet to the doorway of the front door, not stepping out of course. Aubrey and I walk out of the foyer and into the living area. Joe has a clear shot of me and I could see him. I felt like something was going to happen. I was feeling very uneasy.

My phone dings in my hand and Aubrey kinda looked like he panicked a bit.

"Please don't check your phone."

"Why? Cause you have hard feelings and a harder dick? We all know you're a hoe. Or is it because you're releasing Her loss? It's my loss, huh? I'm happy you think that highly of yourself."

"No and we can talk about that in a minute. I don't want you to check because I'm sure some news is going to come out about me and I want you to hear it from me. But just know I'm handling it."

We hear Joe behind us, chuckling. I turn around to look at him, I see he's looking down at his phone. He looks up at me then holds his phone up.

"Oh yeah....." he has an amused look on his face. "I got that notification too." He points at his phone. "This is some shit!"

If Joe is speaking on it it must be something. He never says anything...or he could be being an asshole on purpose right now to piss Aubrey off.

I turn back to Aubrey. "What?"

"Shawnie..." he sighs. "I HATE that I have to tell you this. I'm really trying to get this straightened out."

"WHAT?" I say getting irritated as hell. "Just spit it out. What, you got a hoe pregnant or something?"