59. Feel No Ways Pt. 2 (*)

Chris' POV

After I got off the phone with Shawnie, I went back to sleep. I probably slept for a couple of hours and so my phone started going off. I thought it was my alarm but it'll vibrate and then stop. It kept doing that until I finally just checked it. If I wasn't awake, after I read this headline, I was.

DRAKE'S $100 MILLION DIVORCE

"$100 million? What? This has to be cap." I say sitting up in bed.

"Shawnie Roberts is pulling the plug on her marriage... filing for divorce from her husband of a little over a year, Drake." I read out loud. "According to legal documents obtained by Hollywood Unlocked, the lawyer filed documents in Los Angeles on Monday morning, citing irreconcilable differences as the reason."

I go on to read the article and it says, Shawnie specified for immediate separation, claiming the couple have been separated for months and living in different homes. She asked for joint physical and legal custody of their son. She is asking for one hundred million, on top of spousal and child support. She's also asking for their Hidden Hills home, ownership of the Toronto hockey team, and a private plane. Stating she feels it's a security breach for her to fly commercial. To add insult to injury, she's suing him for pain and suffering, saying she's received a substantial amount of rough treatment.

I understand the private jet part, but if she's getting 100 million, she can buy a private jet but I see what she's doing. And what does she mean by "rough treatment"?

I'm happy this shit ain't me. Damn. She ain't playing around.

I just got off the phone with her a couple of hours ago and she didn't tell me anything about this. I knew she said she was filing for divorce, but she didn't tell me she was filing the shit out of them papers. I was under the impression that she just wanted to be done with everything. I'm trying to figure out how does she go from just sign the papers, to $100 million.

The article goes on to say how she had asked him numerous times to sign divorce documents and file them, but he refused to. The article talks about numerous attempts to fix their marriage and she feels they cannot reconcile. One of the very last things said, in the article before they started getting into me, and the history of their relationship, then they talk about how there is no prenup.

I can tell this is all information from the divorce documents. If she opened her mouth, there would be a lot more detail to this. I guess I can say I'm happy she didn't open her mouth, and she did it the right way this time.

I completely forgot that they didn't have a prenup, so everything she's asking for, she just might get. I feel sorry for the brother, but I'm also kinda laughing, because I know all of this could've been avoided. I know Shawnie, she gave him a bunch of chances. She will never do anything dramatic until she's almost forced to.

I scroll down and I see there was another article. This one talked about how she called the police to remove him from her property. It says they got into an argument with him, and he and her bodyguard got into a physical altercation. I'm dying to know what happened.

I felt like I needed to call her to get down to the bottom of it but in a way I feel like it's not my place. I do need to know details because it's somewhat concerning my daughter, but I'm not gonna come to her as soon as this information has been released. I know I'm gonna talk to her. I know she's gonna tell me what's going on, so I'm not gonna say anything.

I get on my Instagram and the first thing that pops up is her.

Instagram

Shawniemarie