57. If You're Down

Shawnie's POV

The next morning, Dorian and Mercedes were out doing a little shopping before our flight to Vegas. I was sitting outside on the patio smoking. Lexi had just come to pick up the babies, Joe was out on his morning run and I was just trying to relax before everyone came back but it was kind of hard because people kept looking at me. I was a little irritated.

I haven't talked to Chris in a couple of days and I kinda wanted to. After they left San Francisco, he went back on tour. I felt like everyone was upset with me for leaving the trip. They all were basically there because of me and I just left. But I feel like if I'm protecting myself then they shouldn't be mad. I was doing what I had to do. I still felt like Chris was upset with me though. I want to just say he was busy, but he hasn't even called to speak to Genesis.

I thought it would be a good idea to give him a quick call before everyone got back. It was a little early, but I called his number anyway and he answered almost right away.

"What's up, Baby?" He answers. He answers how he normally does so maybe nothing is wrong.

"I haven't talked to you in a couple of days so I was just calling to check on you. How is everything going?"

"Busy as hell. My bad. After that trip I was just trying to clear my mind and get back in the mindset of touring. Normally when I take a break I sleep most of the time."

"Well, I want you to know that I appreciate you for coming during your off days. I just wanted to make sure everything was all right with us because I know I left the trip early but I feel like everyone is upset with me." I say

"Nah, it's all good over here. I know why you did it, and if you felt like you couldn't take it anymore, then you had to go. I understand everything. You don't have to explain it to me. I would've rather you left then just stay there and be miserable. Because if I later found out that that was what happened I would've told you you should've left anyway." He says

"I get that. But you sent Trey over here to try to get information out of me. Why was that? You could've just called me."

"First of all, Shawnie, I didn't send him over there to get information out of you. He did that shit all on his own. Him and I had a conversation about what happened with Joe and I said I felt like that shit was personal. So he said that he was going to talk to you and see what you said."

"Well, in case you were wondering, there's nothing going on between Joe and I. I'll tell you just like I told everyone else, Joe did what he was supposed to do. Chris, you can't try to attack somebody, my security, and think it's okay. I was there, I know what happened. But I just don't feel that you were right."

"You're right. I shouldn't have reacted that way, and I should've just went in the house like he told me to but I was worried about you. I know you know what my thought process was. I know I don't have to explain anything to you. But I just felt like he was given a little bit more than he should have. When I come over, I feel like he's looking at me funny and leaving the room when I come in. I don't know. Maybe I'm just a little paranoid but I just wasn't feeling the situation and I haven't really been feeling him for a while now. I've been trying to keep my cool, and I've been friendly. I'm not trying to create more drama or bring any stress to you as far as the situation goes so I'm gonna just let it go. I feel how I feel about it but I also know that you ain't getting rid of him."

I laugh. "I'm not."

"Exactly, so the best thing for me to do is to let the situation cool down and when I get another free couple of days, I'll be there to get Genesis."

"Okay. Sounds good." I say

Joe walks out and sits next to me.

"Hey Joe just walked out, I'll talk to you later Chris."