Dessert Trip: 1

You know, thinking back to it, I probably should have been a LITTLE happy to hear Gilgamesh's name since it helped me find out where I was.

But, I was too busy panicking.

(Shitshitshitshitshit!) I kept repeating in my head as I lead the people to the other side of the forest. (Okay, calm down. There's a chance that this isn't the mess known as the 'Nasuverse'.) That was most likely denial speaking, but there was still a chance! (If not, I seriously hope its either his adult self or that he met Enkidu by now.)

Adult Gilgamesh was far more of a good king as an adult than his teenage self. And, if it is his teenage self, then he should still be willing to give people a chance if he is already friends with Enkidu.

If not... I didn't doubt that I at least have a chance of running away, but those people are not so lucky. I didn't want their lives on my shoulders or their blood on my hands.

But there was nothing else for me to do. I can’t keep them in the forest and let them worship me. Especially if this IS the Nasuverse. The last thing I want is to anger the gods by starting a cult without actually being one.

I don't believe gods take frauds lightly.

"G-Great spirit?" The guy from before said from behind me, breaking my train of thoughts as I looked at him. "H-Have we done something to anger you?"

(What? Why would he think I was angry?) I was just thinking, honestly. Then I remembered that my face doesn't exactly look human, and my expression while thinking must have looked like a glare or something. "No, I'm not angry. I was just thinking. Sorry for the misunderstanding, but my appearance just made it look like I was angry."

"I am pleased to see we did not anger you, great spirit," the guy said and I had to hold in a groan because I didn't want another misunderstanding.

"What's your name?" I asked, and judging by his surprise, I caught him off guard.

"Baraka, great sp-"

"My name is Zack," I interrupted his call again. "Now that we went through introductions, please refrain from calling 'Great spirit'. I know you're trying to be respectful, but I prefer my own name."

"As you wish, great Zack," I had to put a hand on my forehead after hearing that. That was probably the best I'll get out of these people.

Though, if this WAS the Nasuverse, this at least explains why these people thought I was a god. Gilgamesh is from a time when Gods still walked the Earth. Most mystics are overshadowed by them unless they're REALLY outstanding.

Baraka's question earlier made me realise that the trees were getting fewer and fewer, which means we're approaching the dessert and the end of the forest. I was in my wood element, so I can tell the trees just... stop at one point.

The people gathered all kinds of fruits and meat for the trip. Since we're going on foot, this will definitely take a while. Though, time was the least of our worries at the moment.

I may have fought creatures in the forest, but I had no idea what awaits in the dessert, which is bound to be more vicious and desperate for food. So, I'll have to do way better than I ever did to make sure none of these people die along the way.

After a few minutes of walking, we managed to reach the end of the forest and where the dessert began. I stepped on the sand and took a deep breath as I looked at the horizon. "Here goes... everything."