Mirror: 3

After Perseus left - he took my arm for some reason. Maybe proof to the gods of what happened? - I returned to the house.

"Meduseless, calm down. I'm sure he-"

"He's never taken so long before! What if something happened?"

"He's pretty capable for a tree. I'm sure he's just fine."

I came inside and saw Medusa pacing back and forth while holding her weapons. Stheno and Euryale were also there, looking concerned. Though, they looked more concerned for their sister rather than me.

"I'm back," I stated, drawing their attention.

"What happened? You took too long!" Medusa immediately asked while also looking over me as she came closer.

"The one that came this time was more skilled than the others. I've dealt with him, though," I explained while leaving the details of Perseus' situation out.

Medusa didn't look satisfied, as implied by her stern glare. "You should be more careful. What if you had gotten hurt?"

"It's okay, Medusa, I can take care of myself," I assured her.

Honestly, I didn't even feel pain nor did I think anything out there can actually hurt me after I confirmed that even the immortal slaying spear can not do permanent damage.

"See, Meduseless? We told you," Euryale said smugly while crossing her arms.

"Yes, we wouldn't have this tree as a guard dog if he wants competent," Stheno added with a shrug.

Honestly, I still don't understand how Stheno came to be so sadistic. Euryale TRIES to be like her, but she's not that naturally cruel.

Medusa..... she was just naturally cute and didn't even know it.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say, oh wonderful goddess," I replied, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

You get used to ego after spending time with Gilgamesh himself.

After that, all your responses to egotistical people become... bland.

It was nighttime now. I spent the day doing the usual things of trying to entertain the two sisters and hanging out with Medusa.

I was just sitting right outside the house. I didn't really need to sleep so I spend most of my nights watching the star-filled skies. It was something really pretty and I didn't feel time passing, so it never got old.

"What are you doing up so late?" I turned and asked Medusa as she came out of the house. My magical sensing came a long way from when I first started with Enkidu.

Medusa just sighed and went to sit besides me. She just looked up and lightly hugged her knees. "I was worried today."

"Medusa, I can take care of myself."

"That's not what I meant," Medusa said while she hugged her knees tighter. "I have always thought that I will be fine as long as I stay with my sisters. I did not care that we had to stay here. I did not care that I had to kill to keep them safe. But today, I thought... what if you had been hurt because of me?"

That reminds me, I wanted to ask her something that I never felt comfortable with, but this seems like the best chance I'll get, so...

"Hey, how do you feel about what happened to you? I mean the whole thing with Athena?" I asked, feeling somewhat awkward.

Medusa glared at the sky. "Well... I would be lying if I said I wasn't mad. Me and my sisters went through so much and I still don't understand why she did it," she sighed and looked down. "However, my main concern is my sisters. I couldn't care less what she thinks."

Yeesh. I could tell her that Athena was just jealous, but I think that might make her more confused considering her own view on her looks is... questionable.

"Well, look on the bright side, you got to meet me, didn't you?" I asked.

Medusa actually smiled and looked back at the sky. "Yes... I suppose that is one good thing that happened."

We just sat in silence looking at the stars. It was honestly pretty good time. Just sitting with someone you truly care about is enough for you to enjoy yourself if you found the right scenery.

"The stars are really beautiful," I commented.

Medusa nodded. "I suppose we should be thankful to Lady Nyx."

Oh... right... Nyx was a thing... After you get used to the age of gods, its easy to forget beings like her walk around.