Underworld Flowers: 3

I was currently in a some kind of empty field. The whole places was kind of like a large dome with metal walls but the ground was still made of dirt.

Hades provide me with a large piece of land to work with in the Underworld. The whole place was a bit dark with the only light being weird green lines on the walls. I don't know if they're actual lights made of technology or some mystical thing, it can be either with the Greek Gods.

He also provided me with a clock. It wasn't the usual twenty-four hour clock, but one that was timing for a week. According to it, I've been here since yesterday and everything I try to grow dies not even a few minutes later.

"This is getting annoying," I groaned as I looked over the dead patch of flowers.

No wonder Ereshkigal spent a thousand years trying to grow flowers and still failed.

"Having trouble?" Hades entered the field from a door... that appeared out of nowhere.

"Nothing I can't handle," I stubbornly groaned barely turning to him.

"The nature of my domain is what makes growing life here so difficult. Did you believe it would be that easy?" He asked me, crossing his arms.

I groaned and shook my head before an idea popped in my head. "Why don't you ask Demeter to use her authority to bless this land and grow life here?"

Hades' features soured. "My relationship with Demeter is... questionable, at the moment. Any personal request like this would meet a swift rejection."

Ah, right. Demeter hated Hades because he married her daughter and they stay in the Underworld. Honestly, she's the most stereotypical mother-in-law I've seen.

"Guess I'm on my own then," I groaned as I turned back to the field.

"Remember that our deal is only within six more days," Hades commented while motioning to the clock. "Until then, Archtype," with that he left.

Then there was also that. I still haven't come to terms with the fact I'm Archtype Earth. How can someone just take the news that the world has now dubbed them the strongest?

... Actually, now that I think about it, Gilgamesh would probably laugh it off and say 'I know'.

Though, that's not my main problem. My main problem is that Gaia wants the Ultimate Ones to destroy humanity.

I can't- no, I WON'T do that. I may not feel regret for killing humans, but I still feel the sadness that a life was lost. I also believe that Gaia is in the wrong here.

I understand that it was scared of humanity outliving and abandoning it, but calling the Ultimate Ones was just plain overkill.

That's the same as using a nuke for a schoolyard scuffle.

"Alright, let's put that aside for now," I shook my head and looked back to the field. "I have a job to finish."

After that, I kept trying different kinds of plants and flowers, but they all died. I even used the Feeder's Seed, and while they lasted longer than other flowers, they still died.

I couldn't understand. I know for a fact that life CAN grow here. After all, if it couldn't, those flowers wouldn't come out to die in the first place. But they always die.

That took two days from me.

Feeder's Seed lasted the longest, so there was something about them that made them resist whatever kills the plants for a short time, but what was it?

(Alright, what does Feeder's Seed have that normal flowers don't?) I thought. Feeder's Seed worked in a way that sucks out magical energy so-...

... Wait a minute... WAIT A MINUTE! Can it really be that simple?! If I'm right, then I need to start working as soon as possible.

I'm gonna need to create a special version of the Feeder's Seed, but I can definitely do it!

Third POV:

Hades made his way to the field he had given the Elemental. Five days ended and only two remain. He believed that the Elemental was rather arrogant in believing he can achieve that feat in a week, but he decided to give him the benefit of doubt because he was the Archtype of Earth.

The gate to the field opened. "What progress have you... made...?"

Hades stared at what once was a dead field was now filled with the oddest plants he had ever seen. They looked like roses but they were pale blue and sparks would float out of their petals into the air.

In the middle of the field, Zack stood looking around at the floating sparks before he noticed Hades.

"So... does this work?"