Daily Work: 2

I was walking towards the castle with an obviously angry mood. I spent the whole day building houses because Gilgamesh was too lazy to do his job. The sun was mostly gone and there was barely any light in the sky anymore.

I entered the throne room and saw Gilgamesh sitting on his throne with Siduri standing at his side. Enkidu wasn't there, but I was sure he was around.

"Gilgamesh, I have a few things I wanted to say," I stated as I stood in front of the stairs that lead to the throne.

Gilgamesh didn't reply. In fact, he didn't even look like he noticed me. He was just looking forward, looking a little dazed, and there was this... faint glow from his pupils.

Suddenly, he jumped slightly, kind of like someone who suddenly woke up from a nap. "Siduri, the tablet!" He ordered out of nowhere.

"Yes, your majesty," Siduri obeyed and brought forth a clay tablet with the top part still looking wet.

A golden gauntlet suddenly appeared in Gilgamesh's hand and he used the clawed fingers to start writing on the tablet. I just stared at the situation in confusion, before I finally realised.

(Did I just see Gilgamesh use his Clairvoyance?) I asked myself.

I knew Gilgamesh has Clairvoyance, and a powerful one at that. It's only drawback is that he forgets what he saw most of the time, so he needs to write it down, and that's exactly what he was doing right now.

Curiosity got the better of me and I started going up the stairs just as Gilgamesh finished writing down. I looked at the tablet as Siduri pulled it back and held it still for the clay to dry out.

"So... what does it say?" I asked looking at the tablet.

Siduri looked at me with a raised eyebrow. Apparently, my ability to understand language only applies to speaking and listening comprehension. If I want to read and write, I'll have to learn that by myself.

Siduri looked back at the tablet and began reading. "It says 'The Tree that reflects the world shall face the falling moon'," she explained.

That honestly just got confusion out of me. The 'Tree that reflects the world' might be a reference to the World Tree Yggdrasil since that's the closest thing to that descriptio, but it doesn't make sense for Gilgamesh to have a vision about Norse mythology specifically.

And the 'falling moon' part is even more confusing. That could literally mean anything in the Nasuverse. The mushroom man seriously loved to show off the moon and beings related to it.

Well, whatever, I don't think it has anything to do with me. I certainly didn't want any part of the beings related to the moon. So, I can just avoid that stuff as much as possible.

I was wrong. I was very, VERY wrong back then.

"Ah, you're here, Tree?" Looks like Gilgamesh finally noticed my presence. "What do you want? Did you finish your work in the city?"

"Oh, yeah," I said, snapping my fingers - or trying which just made a weird sound of wood scratching - "That reminds me," I commented, remembering my reason for being here and changing to my water element before-

*Splash!!!*

"DO YOUR OWN WORK, YOU LAZY BUM!"

"I'LL MAKE A FOOTSTOOL OUT OF YOU, TREE!!"