Loose Ends: 2

"She tried to kill you?" Tiamat asked as she and I sat in the nothingness where she was imprisoned in.

"Yeah. Gilgamesh says she'll probably try to do that again," I nodded while crossing my arms. "Enkidu believes that she's mad that my presence made the gods refuse to side with her for punishment against Gugalanna's defeat."

Tiamat hummed and looked down. "Yes. That does seem to align with how Gods think. Though, I believe she is doing this on her own without the other gods knowing."

"Why do you think that?" I asked.

Tiamat looked back at me and her face became rather stern. "Gods are, in their core, spirits of the Heavenly Body. They obey its orders. Children of the Heavenly Body such as yourself may not have authority to order gods, but they are still under its protection. For a god to attack a child of the Heavenly Body without reason is borderline treason against the world itself. I believe the reason the world has not taken action is because you have been unharmed," she explained.

Oh... oh boy... I knew I'd have to explain this to someone. "Yeah. About that..." I awkwardly scratched the back of my head. "I don't... actually answer to Gaia... in fact, I haven't made contact with it even once."

Tiamat just stared at me before blinking a few times. "Is this... is this what they call a joke?" She asked while tilting her head. "I heard of them, but I never experienced one myself. It's not what I expected."

"That's not a joke," I sighed while hanging my head. "I just... I can feel nature. I can feel the elements. But, I never really heard anything from the world itsel-"

"Oh, is that what you meant?" Tiamat cut me off with a soft smile. "You may not be one of my children, but you are still young, aren't you," the fact I can tell that was a statement rather than a question is embarrassing. "The world does not give out orders casually, even for its children. In most cases, it only gives out orders when a catastrophe that does require the world itself to act appears."

A part of me felt guilty at keeping the fact she's technically one of those catastrophes a secret.

"The fact you are able to feel the world around you means you have some form of connection to the world," Tiamat continued before tilting her head in confusion. "Though... you have no mystical properties, as such, I do not know what is the nature with that connection."

So... I've been connected to Gaia this whole time, it just didn't bother saying anything to me?

On one hand, it sounded mean and egotistical. On the other hand, I can't exactly expect Gaia to take time to talk to ALL elementals.

"Ah, alright, thanks for explaining," I said before getting up. "Well, I'll see you later. I actually have something I wanted to do back in Uruk."

Tiamat nodded with a smile. "See you later."

She seemed to seriously look forward to someone to talk to. The first couple of times she seemed doubtful that I will come back, but she's sure that I will now.

It's sad I couldn't free her. But, I didn't want to risk the Counter Force sending someone to deal with us.

Especially since the highest chances of the one being sent was the First Hassan. I didn't want to test my luck with that death given form.

"Another day of talking to the Primordial Mother Goddess," I mumbled in my wind element as I flew in the air towards Uruk. "I still haven't told Enkidu or Gilgamesh about that..."

Honestly, I just didn't know how to break it to them.

Seriously, how is someone supposed to bring this up?

*Roar!*

I looked up as a loud roar filled the sky and I saw what appeared to be a group of three wyverns flying towards me at high speed.

"What do they want?" I asked myself before noticing the jewelled accessories on their heads and necks. "Oh... Ishtar sent you, didn't she?"

I didn't exactly expect an answer nor did I get one. They just reeled their heads back and breathed fire at me.

"Same mistake as the rest of the monsters in the world. Using elements against an Elemental," I groaned out as I held my hand forward and decided to use a new trick I learned recently.

Lately, I've wanted to see if I can control an element that was outside my current form, and I TECHNICALLY succeeded.

What happened next is that only my hands up to my elbows turned to fire while the rest of my body remained in wind form. The fire that the dragons shot at me stopped in its tracks and I waved my hands making it vanish.

My hands returned to being made of wind. "Still can't keep it up for long," I groaned while looking at my hands.

The drawback to this little trick is that it needs a lot of concentration. It's not easy to focus on two elements at the same time. The problem is visualising myself being made of two completely different things at the same time

"Anyway, to deal with you flying lizards," I said while looking back at the wyvers. "Here's something I realised about dragons and wyverns," I started as I held up my hands and pointed at them. "You need to breathe just like everyone else."

I clinched my fists and, suddenly, the wyverns struggled to stay in the air and began falling before harshly falling to the ground. They tried to rise up but all they did was whether in the ground while flailing their heads.

What did I do? I removed all air from the area. Nothing for their wings to flap or for them to breathe.

I'm not cruel though, so I just waited until they were weak enough to not move before I returned the area to normal and they began breathing again. I didn't need to kill them, just immobilise them.

"She's not even trying to hide it anymore," I groaned as I gave the jewelled accessories one last look before turning away. "This is gonna be an annoying routine."