Snakes: 5

"Look, you're really not doing yourself any favors. Just leave-"

"Silence, beast! I will slay you in the name of the gods!"

I sighed as another attempt at peaceful negotiations with a religious nut failed. I know I can't blame them since this WAS the age of gods and all, but come on...

Anyway, the Greek warrior came in charging a spear at me. Once again, it was just some nameless grunt rather than Perseus. So, I really had no reason to drag this on.

I just turned to metal element, turned my arm into a glad, dodged the spear, and sliced the guy's head off. Just like all the others, I burned everything without leaving any traces.

When everything was over, I turned to my wood element and looked at the tree line. "How many times have I told you to let me take care of this?"

Medusa appeared from behind one of the trees. "Sorry... I get worried," she apologised while answering.

I shrugged. "It's alright. I understand. I just wish you would leave this stuff to me, okay?"

Medusa just nodded and followed me as we began walking back to the house. I would usually fly in my wind element, but that would leave Medusa out. Plus, it's honestly a nice day for a stroll.

While we were talking, I was thinking that sooner or later, Perseus would show up. How would I recognise him? That's actually easy.

First, Perseus has divine blood, which should be easy to sense, and all the ones that came here were purely human. Second, Perseus should be carrying some divine weapons, which no one who showed up had yet.

The problem wasn't spotting Perseus, it's knowing what to do with him. I can't just kill him and end his legend just like that. If I remember correctly, Medusa - the Rider Servant - said that he was also tricked by the gods and that he's not necessarily bad.

"Can I ask you something?" The real Medusa's voice broke me out of my thoughts. "I noticed that every time you kill someone, you make it quick, why is that?"

I was seriously confused about her question before I remembered something important: Medusa in her youth didn't know the difference between a slow death and a quick death. She needed her sisters to explain that to her, and that only happened because she kept killing the ones who tried to attack her and her sisters slowly.

But, since I'm here, she didn't keep killing, as such her sisters never had a reason to explain that to her.

"Well... why not?" I ask in return finding the subject a little hard to explain since Medusa, as a goddess, doesn't exactly understand human concepts. "There's no reason to drag on their deaths. Humans are frail and their minds aren't that strong. A long death is seriously painful to them. So, if I was gonna kill, I really wouldn't want it to be painful or long."

It's not that I didn't understand where she comes from. My Elemental mentality stops me from feeling things humans normally would. So, I understand why she would be confused on the difference considering she's a goddess and all.

"Are humans really that fragile?" Medusa asked me.

"Well... yes and no," judging by her expression, she was even more confused. "Humans aren't born strong. That's why they rely so much on the gods. They have potential, but it depends on how they use it. Some humans tend to be stronger than others, but it all depends on how they use their potential in the end."

Medusa seemed to go thought and didn't speak again until we reached the house where she asked. "Can you teach me more about humans?"

Me and Medusa spent the rest of the day talking about humans and how they're different from gods.