New Roommate: 3

"What do you mean you're staying!?" Both Stheno and Euryale yelled as they looked at me in shock.

"I mean I'm staying here from now on," I said with a shrug.

Medusa was standing at the side, fidgeting slightly while looking somewhere guilty, as if she felt this situation was her fault in some way.

"No!" Euryale cried out while waving her hands in a negation manner. "Absolutely not! This is home to us goddesses! You can't stay here!"

"Why not? I'm not a human." I asked while crossing my arms. "Besides, you already have many trees around," I said while motioning to plant-life that was covering the white constructs.

"That's right, a bit TOO many trees!" Stheno said while crossing her arms. "Why would you even want to stay here? What do you actually get by staying?"

"Well, for one thing, I get a place to stay until I plan my next move," I started. "For another thing, while I'm doing that, I get some company. Do you really hate the idea of me staying so much?"

Medusa finally spoke since the start of this conversation. "I-I really wouldn't m-m-mind...?" She couldn't sound more unsure if she actually tried.

"Meduseless!" Euryale cried out as she grabbed her younger sister's cheeks and began pulling them. "You're supposed to side with your sisters! Not against them!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Medusa cried out while flailing her arms. At least I think that's what she was saying. It was hard to speak when someone's cheeks are pulled so hard.

While the younger sisters were busy, I leaned towards Stheno and whispered. "Do you really want her to get more blood on her hands?"

The eldest Gorgon flinched and looked at Medusa - who was still trying to get away from Euryale - with a pained look. Despite how they treat her, I knew for a fact the Stheno and Euryale loved their sister with all their hearts.

They didn't want their sister to keep killing. They wanted a peaceful life for her in this place. Their home. And I did feel guilty using that to convince them, but It was the only way for them to actually agree or even consider agreeing.

Stheno bit her lip and walked towards Euryale before grabbing her shoulder, causing her to let go of Medusa. "We'll discuss this," she said before pulling a shocked Euryale away to behind one of the pillars.

Me and Medusa just stood there awkwardly, waiting for whatever her sisters decided. We can hear their muttering. But, with the way they were keeping their voices down, we couldn't really make out what they were saying.

Or even which voice belonged to who. They sound too much alike in this situation. The whispers kept getting louder, and at one point they almost sounded like they were shouting at each other.

Finally, after a while, Stheno and Euryale came out from behind the pillar, both looking like they just decided to rip off a bandage.

"We decided to let you stay," Stheno began while crossing her arms.

"But, in exchange, you shall basically be our guard dog," Euryale finished while placing her hands on her hips.

"Do I look like Cerberus to you?" I asked while tilting my head.

Both sisters looked at each other and looked back at me while answering at the same time. "A little bit, yeah."

Ouch. I knew I didn't look human, I even looked downright demonic, but still...

"B-Big sisters! I'm more than enough to keep us safe!" Medusa said while holding her weapons.

"Goodness, Meduseless," Stheno rolled her eyes and looked at her youngest sister. "Haven't you learned anything from watching your older sisters? We goddesses don't do grunt work, we have someone else do it for us."

"Yeah, so you can finally stop acting like a brute and act like a dignified goddess for a change," Euryale added, still looking displeased.

"Alright, now with this out of the way, how about I show you those fish I wad talking about?" I asked causing all three sisters to look at me in confusion.

"We can't leave the island. Even for a tree, you should know that," Stheno said with a deadpan look.

"Who said anything about leaving?" My question caused even more confusion for the Gorgon sisters.

I turned to my water element and turned my back towards them. I raised my hands and pointed them upwards. A bubble of water appeared in my hand and it got bigger and bigger until it reached the size of a small house.

I used all my concentration to change its shape into the one from my memory. The bubble of water changed shape and transformed to look like a giant whale.

The whale slowly began floating in the sky, moving as if it was in water. The light from the sun shining through it gave it a whimsical appearance and glow.

Looking over my shoulder to the Gorgon sisters, I saw that they all had stars in their eyes. Medusa's expression was borderline pure joy and wonder.

All and all, I'd say I'm making a good first impression.