Baby Steps: 2

"... Are you done sulking like a child?"

"Screw you!"

I was sitting in my Reality Marble with my back turned to Scathach. I wasn't doing anything. I was just sitting and not looking at her, being pissed at how she won the bet.

Was I actually acting like a child? Maybe.

"Is it my fault that you made a time-based deal while having no concept of time?" Scathach asked.

I mean... she has a point but it wasn't my fault! I already have problems keeping up with time, and Nature's Law makes it harder for the lack of sun or moon to help me keep track of time.

"Now, get in there so we can start," Scathach instructed, holding up the puppet body's hand.

I mean... This whole thing wasn't as bad as I made it, honestly. Sure, I was pissed, but having an actual trainer while I learn how to use the body does actually sound like a good idea.

Still angry, though.

"Fine, but I want at least more time to learn how to move properly," I said, looking at her over my shoulder which... was a bit hard with Earth's mark floating over my back.

Scathach rolled her eyes. "Obviously. I may be harsh in training, but I'm not unreasonable. I won't tell someone who can barely walk to run," she agreed.

Deciding to get it over with, I turned to my water element and created a small puddle in front of the body. Scathach raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything, most likely deciding to watch.

I transferred to the puppet body and Scathach dropped its arm. I pushed myself up and went to the water to get a good look at myself now that the body gained color instead of looking completely pale like when it was made.

I looked at my reflection and, honestly, I kind of looked like a male version of Scathach. My eyes were even the same shade of red. The hair was different, though. Instead of wine colored, my hair started off as sky blue and turned forest green halfway down.

Looking at my actual human eyes I felt... wrong.

It wasn't so much as something was off as much as something just didn't feel right. Being human, having flesh and blood, and having actual eyes to look back at. It just felt like... I shouldn't be like this.

I guess Ainzel was right. I really was never human.

"Feels rather odd, doesn't it?" Scathach asked. I guess she realised what I was thinking.

"Not odd as much as... wrong," I explained to her, looking at my reflection for a few more moments before slowly standing up on shaky legs and even more slowly turned to Scathach. "So... How do I improve my... well, literally everything."

"You should focus on actually moving beyond the ability of a three year old, for now," Scathach instructed before looking at me from top to bottom. "I suppose a change of clothes is also required."

I looked down and I realised I was naked. Not only that, but the puppet body had been naked the whole time since it was made.

Huh, I guess I picked up more from Gil than I realised.