Bats: 1

Third POV:

Brishisan has had nothing but headaches lately.

The vampires that called themselves the Ancestors have been far too active for his liking. They apparently were following the orders of a 'King' from what they gathered but they didn't get much beyond that.

Brishisan managed to get together with his old friend Zelretch Schweinorg, and they formed an organisation of mages that now were at war with the Ancestors.

Honestly, a part of Brishisan is mad that Solomon never warned them about these events. He doubted his teacher did not see them coming.

Then Brishisan remembers what kind of person Solomon was and his anger goes away.

The founder of the Mage association was currently looking at the giant wall of glowing magical energy that surrounded their stronghold. The reason he was there instead of his office was because of the group of Ancestors that was currently trying to break in.

Rainbow lights flashed behind him and his old friend Zelretch walked up besides him. "These things are always so active at night," The wielder of Second Magic commented as he looked atthe crescent moon at the sky.

"Yes, and are you here to state the obvious or help?" Brishisan asked, his bad mood apparent through his voice.

The two students of Solomon knew the walls will hold. They created a Bounded Field that was comparable to Reality Marbles to defend them against the vampires, but that didn't mean they enjoyed having it tested constantly.

Suddenly, thunder and lightning flashed through the skies. "Now what?" Zelretch asked as he turned his gaze upwards.

What came from the sky was definitely not what they were expecting. Giant meteors covered in fire broke through the crowd and began descending to the Earth.

They were not headed for the Mages' stronghold, but the Ancestors.

The meteors crashed and flooded the entire land with fire and destruction. The walls of the Bounded Field had protected the Mages' stronghold, but the Ancestors were not so lucky.

Zelretch slowly leaned towards Brishisan as they both stared at the destruction in front of them. "If you know who's mage-craft that was, ask them if they want to be my student."

From the sky where the meteors came from descended a being made of pure wind.

First POV: Zack

I really want nothing to do with these moon bats, but they have been so annoying lately!

I had to defend at least five human villages and cities from them just on my way here Dammit!

I'm having trouble staying out of sight as it is because the age of Humanity began. I don't need all the extra work or an outright war right now. But, apparently, these things don't care.

Will, I'm gonna give them a reason to.

I ignored the city with a glowing walls and looked at the sea of fire as the Ancestors began regenerating. As soon as they did, they all began glaring at me.

"Do you idiots have any idea how much of an annoyance you've been?" I groaned as I glared at them.

"This has nothing to do with you, Archtype," one of them said.

I literally flicked my wrist at him and erased him with a lightning bolt twice his size. "Anyone else wants to get smart?" I taunted as the Ancestor I erased regenerated, but way slower than the first time after that little light-show I pulled.

Apparently, they chose to be stupid instead. One of them appeared behind me in an instant with his claws raised in the air. Of course, since I was in my wind element, his attack just went through.

I turned my hand into wood, spun around, and stabbed him in the chest directly where the heart was with a spear made of the Feeder's Seed.

Soon enough, roots and branches exploded everywhere, but since we were mid-air, it didn't create a tree as much as a bush the size of a small mountain which dropped to the ground.

I slowly descended to the bush and picked up the rainbow branch. Turning around, I immediately threw it at the rest of the Ancestors and just watched as the all vanished in the explosion of magical energy.

Soon enough, they recovered as soon as the magical energy from the Feeder's Seed began fixing the damage the meteors I used did before to the environment. They were obviously struggling, though. Especially the one who had to regenerate three times by now.

"I can keep this up all night. You either turn now or we see how many times you can recover before you can't recover anymore," I threatened them with a glare.

They all stared at me for a few moments before turning around and vanishing in an instant, most likely to report to their king.

I turned around and looked at the remaining Ancestor, the one that the Feeder's Seed used as a source for magical energy, and he definitely looked like he'd seen better days.

He looked skinny to unhealthy levels now. Honestly, he looked like a squeezed juice-box.

"Why..." he began saying while he wheezed. "... are you protecting... humans?"

"Oh, I'm not protecting them as much as you people pissed me off," I said back before turning to my Fire element and just burning him completely.

He didn't recover or regenerate, surprisingly. I guess the Feeder's Seed didn't leave him with any energy left to regenerate with.

I really wanted nothing to do with the war against the Ancestors. In fact, I wanted to avoid Crimson Moon completely. I knew humans were gonna be fine.

But quite frankly, they were really pissing me off with how active they were lately. So, this isn't me protecting humans as much as an act of spite.

Childish? Most likely.

Did I care? No.

I walked out of the battle-field and looked at the city that was surrounded by a wall of light. Now that I have the chance, I can see what that is about.

From the very bottom of the wall, a hole opened slightly smaller than me but big enough for humans to go through. From the hole came out two old men, one in white robes and the other in something similar to a black suit.

"Let me guess, we 'have a lot to talk about'?" I asked and that caused both of them to stop and blink. "Look, I've had enough of clichés lately. Can we just skip any of those kinds of talks?" I requested.

The man in the black suit snorted. "I have a good feeling about this one," he told the other man.