Magus: 1

After the whole war meeting or whatever, I have a firm grasp on the situation.

These people are a mess. They're way of handling things isn't bad but they also have little information to go on beyond the Ancestors' regeneration, incredibly powers, and their desire to drink human blood.

They did suspect the moon cycle affect the Ancestors' powers, and I confirmed that to them.

After a lengthy discussion about what I know about the Ancestors and way to counter their immortality, which isn't much, the Magus began rethinking their whole strategy.

They sent a message to 'Lord Barthomeloi' and 'Lord Einzbern' to let them know and deal better with whatever mission they were sent on.

Information about the Ultimate Ones have been declared a high level secret and the Lords that were there when I explained them were ordered by Brishisan to never reveal it to anyone. They even had some magical circles engraved on their tongues to make sure they don't.

I was confused on why he'd go to such lengths but he then explained that humanity, especially Magus, will either give up once they realise beings like that exist or try using very destructive methods with more losses than gains.

I actually understood his logic. Humans can be ignorant like that when it comes to facing large obstacles. They either give up or try something stupid.

Though, Brishisan still allowed information about Crimson Moon to be shared. He just made sure the Ultimate Ones, as a group, can't be revealed.

When the meeting was over, everyone was ordered to go and do something except me while Brishisan took Zelretch to talk to him privately, most likely discussing what I told them about Zelretch being their best shot.

Meanwhile, when I was let out, I just walked away and somewhere to wait for whatever happens next. The spot I chose was the top of one of the towers made for buildings.

I was just leaning back with a leg bent over the other when a flash of rainbow lights appeared behind me and Zelretch walked in.

"There you are," Zelretch groaned. He did not look happy.

"You've been looking for me?" I asked.

"Do you have any idea how annoying it is to find a being made of wood that gives no magical energy whatsoever? If it wasn't for my clairvoyance, I would have looked for you all day," he complained, crossing his arms and looking down on me.

"What's got you so worked up?" I asked.

"Because or what you said with me being their chance against Brunestud, all Magus around now see me as their god," he complained with a glare.

I looked at him in confusion. "Don't they already do that because of your Second Magic?"

"That's exactly my point!" Zelretch threw his hands in the air. "I already had them following me like a group of lost puppies. What you said just made it worse!"

"Hey, you're the one who discovered that stuff. If you didn't want attention, you should have done what Fourth Magic did and hide," I just shrugged my shoulders and ignored his glare.

"How do you know so much?" He asked.

"I'm gonna be straight with you: the world DESPISE you and the other Magicians," I began explaining. "The Planet hates being messed with. That's why it'd trying to resist mage-craft, but it can't do anything about True Magic and that makes it angry. It even had a place built just as a bunker against True Magic."

"And you know because of the world's hatred?" Zelretch didn't seem very convinced.

"If you hate something with passion, wouldn't you warn your allies about it?" I asked and that made him sigh in acceptance.

"Fine, but why are you on top of the Edelfelt tower? You know Magus don't like trespassers," he asked.

"The what?"

"You have no idea where you are, do you?" Zelretch asked with a deadpan look.

"You do realise I didn't even target this city. I just found it while trailing the Ancestors, so no, I don't," I just shrugged before looking at him curiously. "Besides, doesn't that apply to you too?"

"Oh please," Zelretch scoffed. "The Edelfelt have been hounding me for meeting and to take one of their own as an apprentice. They won't mind. In fact, they'll even be delighted to hear that I kicked you out of their territory before you do something."

"Are you here to kick me out?" I asked as he didn't seem ready for battle.

"That's what I'll tell them and they don't need to know the truth," he added with a smile.

"Meh, they'll still ask you for apprenticeship," I commented.

"It's annoying, but I have a feeling you'll get to know that pretty soon," Zelretch said with a smirk.

"... What's that supposed to mean?" I actually sat up at that.

"You're a very old mystic who single handedly took on several Ancestors at night and forced them to flee while killing one of them, almost every Magus in the city is looking for you to learn of ancient mage-craft," Zelretch explained.

I began laughing. "Hahaha! That's gold! Magus are so stupid!"

"What do you mean?" Zelretch asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I don't know any Mage-craft," I said, making his eyes widen. "I don't even know how the mage-craft system works. I'm just an Elemental."

"So, you have nothing worth knowing from the age of mystics?" He asked. I guess he was curious, too.

"Nope, and I won't tell them," I said back which caught him off guard.

"Why not?"

"Let those idiots struggle for literally nothing. They'll ask for something that is none of their business and I won't give. Even if they try, and fail, to take information out of me by force, They'll still be empty handed," I explained to him before I laid back down.

Zelretch sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "I'm starting to wonder if you're more of a headache than you're worth."

"Can you honestly tell me no one ever said that to you?" I asked and Zelretch didn't reply which was all the confirmation I needed.