Step By Step: 1

(A/N: Brishisan is an actual character from the Nasuverse and did not originate from my story.)

"That's it. I'm done!"

Me and Yang looked at Yu as she just came back from another errand. The bag she was holding was on the ground and she was looking at us with her arms crossed.

"You're done with...?" I trailed off while motioning with my hand for her to continue.

"I'm done being the only one who actually does stuff around here!" She glared harder. "I keep bringing food for this ungrateful brat and you both just sit here all day! You better teach her how to get her own food."

"I can hunt Moo meat," Yang stated. Her speaking skills were getting better. "But noisy people try to stop me."

Not THAT much better but she's definitely improving.

I groaned as I ran a hand through my face. "Okay, tomorrow, I'll take her out and I'll teach her how to hunt while avoiding humans. Is that good?"

"You better do!" With that, she went back to her corner of the cave and kept reading.

She's actually been in a better mood, lately. Not good enough to talk about Xiang Yu's death and deal with it yet, but she's getting better.

I don't really blame her. I can hardly bring myself to talk about Yggdrasil.

"Well, I guess we have something to do tomorrow," I said while turning to Yang. "We'll be out to get some cow meat."

"Noisy people fight?" She asked with a tilt of her head.

"No. I'm hoping to avoid humans altogether," you won't have to fight.

I really don't know why I kept testing my luck.

"Of course there'd be humans," I deadpanned.

As soon as the sun rose we walked out of the cave and Yang began walking in a direction saying she 'smells Moo meat'.

With the benefit of hindsight, I really should have realised she was leading me to a farm.

The place wasn't very big and had only one field. In it was a man and what I assume is his son digging through the field. Near them was a cow and a few chickens.

"Okay, we should look for-" I stopped as I watched Yang crouch down before... she jumped forward heading STRAIGHT TO THE FARMER WITH HER CLAWS RAISED!

Before she reached him, I charges in with my wind element and picked her up midair. I created a gust of wind that blew up a dust cloud and made sure we're not seen as I flew away.

As soon as I was away and high enough, I held Yang with both hands in front of me from her armpits. "What the hell was that?!"

Yang looked surprised and confused. Also a little... Hurt? This was probably the first time I raised my voice around her, so that must have spooked her.

"Noisy people always attack," she said with a squeak, almost like a child explaining themselves.

... Now that I think about it, this IS what's happening.

"If they didn't attack first, you shouldn't attack either," I tried using a softer tone while saying this to calm her down. "We're obviously gonna need to try something else," I said as I looked down and started looking for something to do.

I saw a river large enough to most likely have fish in it. So, I flew there and made sure there wasn't anyone around to see us land.

I turned to my tree element as soon as I touched the ground and placed Yang down. "Yang, have you ever had fish before?" I asked.

Yang just looked confused. "Feesh?"

"Fish. They're things that live in water," I said, motioning to the river.

Yang looked at the river and walked closer to the edge. She sat down and looked at the water. Dipping her hand in, she played with it a little before looking at her drenched hand.

She suddenly got some intensity in her eyes as she stared at the water for a few moments. She reeled her head back and swung it downwards, splashing into the water from the neck up.

That would have looked cute... if it wasn't for the fact I didn't see any bubbles and realised what she was doing.

"YANG, NO! YOU CAN'T BREATH UNDER WATER!"