Mirror: 1

You know, I was always pretty scared of seriously screwing up with the time-line. I mean, I know I already changed a LOT, but I was worried about something that warrant a Pruning.

Thankfully, I managed to avoid that.

"Good morning," I greeted Medusa as she came downstairs from her room.

"Good... morning," she replied while yawning halfway through.

This was a regular thing now. Medusa would wake up before her sisters and pick up fruits for herself and her sisters as breakfast. She didn’t need to look since there was already several trees near one of the windows. I made them quite a while ago.

Medusa just reached up and picked up some fruits. I didn't really recognise the fruit. It looked like an apple, but it was bigger. I can't say it's a golden apple since it wasn't, you know, gold, but it was red with a hint of green.

I just chalked it up as this fruit being the most likely Ancestor of common apples and left it at that.

Medusa walked up to a large table made from stone and sat the 'apples' down before sitting down on one of the rock-chairs.

I was really happy to see that all her scales vanished along with the fact she became more open. Just the other day she was actually swimming with her sisters.

"Did you have a good sleep?" I asked, tilting my head.

Medusa smiled with a nod. "It was very pleasant, thank you," she then frowned. "I still feel bad that you don't get to experience it yourself."

I chuckled at what she said. "I told you, I'm fine. Can't exactly get tired if I'm not really flesh or blood," I finished that sentence by knocking on my chest a couple of times to emphasise my point with the sound of tree knocking.

Medusa nodded though her frown stayed. She just looked at the fruits she gathered before speaking again. "It's... strange."

"Really?" I asked, a little confused. "I thought that fruit was common he-"

"No, not that," Medusa shook her head and crossed her arms over the table. "I mean us being here and all of this, and particularly... you," she finished though sounding hesitant, most likely worried she would sound offensive. "I just never really imagined my life becoming this. I thought that it was just gonna be my sisters and myself, alone in these Isles, where I'll have to fight to defend them. And, then, you showed up," she looked at me and smiled. "Now... I really can't see this place without you. It's really weird how you changed so much."

I just shrugged not knowing how to really respond to that.

Whatever respond I would have came up didn't really matter because I suddenly sensed someone enter the island. I sighed as I stood up. "I'll be back. This time, PLEASE don't follow me," I said before turning to my wind element and flying out the window as fast as I could.

There was a reason I was in such a hurry is because I sensed something different in whoever entered the island.

Their presence wasn't entirely human. They had divine blood.

When I reached the location, I looked over from the air and saw a person walking through the forest. However, there was something different about the way they carried themselves.

The person was walking with true caution. Not the paranoid kind the usual nameless grunts would have.

Just to make sure, I turned my arm into metal and created a metal disc. Spinning it at high speed, I threw it at the direction of the person's neck.

That's how most of the grunts died. Let's see if he's different.

And apparently, he was. As soon as the disc got close, the person turned around with swift speed and parried it away with his own weapon.

Lowering down since he already saw me, I got a good look at this person.

I couldn't completely see his face since he was wearing a Greek helmet, but I can tell he was a man with brown hair. His eyes gave that same look of confidence I saw in Gilgamesh. Well, not exactly the same, but you get it.

Though, what gave away his identity was definitely his equipment. Other than the usual armour, he was holding a weapon that was a mixture of a spear and a scythe with an obvious divine aura around it.

In the other hand, was a mirror shield.