Dealing With Boredom: 1

Sometimes, you make mistakes thinking you're doing nothing or something good.

I was called into the castle again the day after my talk with Enkidu and filling the fountain.

I spent last night thinking about my mentality and how it was changed. I wasn't worried as much as I was wondering just how much of my mind was changed. My perception of time is an obvious change since I no longer care about the passing of days.

I also noticed that I was honestly not bothered by the fact I don't eat or drink. There's also the fact I had no reaction to how people saw me.

I didn't even bat an eye to the way the citizens of Uruk were cautiously staring at me. Its like I was okay being a tree monster.

It wasn't really bad. Just weird that I accepted it so easily.

"So, oh great king, what did you want from me today," I asked, obvious sarcasm dripping my voice.

Gilgamesh was at his throne, looking over a stone tablet while Enkidu was sitting at the steps leading up to the throne. A lion was there being groomed by Enkidu's hand.

Besides Gilgamesh's throne was a young woman that kind of looked familiar. She was pretty young while wearing a green dress and a white veil.

"Ah, so the farms have been having good harvest this year. Good, good," Gilgamesh nodded, looking over the tablet before handing it to the woman. "Siduri, send a golden necklace to the head of the farmers. They deserve a reward. And deal with the rest of the work for today."

(Oh, so that's Siduri? No wonder I didn't recognise her,) I thought to myself. The only visual I saw of Siduri was from when Gilgamesh was an adult, which is years from now. So, no wonder she looked young.

"Yes, your majesty," Siduri sighed and left, passing by me while giving me a cautious look, but didn't show any other form of displeasure.

Gilgamesh probably dumbed the rest of his work on her. Poor thing. This was before he started taking his job seriously.

"There you are, Tree," Gilgamesh finally acknowledged I exist.

"My name is Zack."

"You are not worthy yet for me to remember your name," I was genuinely expecting this but it didn't help with someone being that arrogant can still catch you off guard. "I summoned you here to see if you have any forms of entertainment for me."

Ah, so he basically was bored but too lazy to find something to do. Judging by the way Enkidu started smiling and looking at Gilgamesh, this was most likely not the first time.

(What am I supposed to do?) I couldn't help but ask myself as I put a hand on my chin and thought of a way to entertain the king of Heroes.

I guess I can use something from modern time to catch his interest. But, it can't be something big. I don't wanna mess up the time-line in a wrong way with the butterfly effect.

That was the moment I made one of the biggest mistakes of my life. Which was asking:

"Would you like to try a game called 'Uno'?"

..... Yeah. I invited Gilgamesh, the most arrogant king during his teenage years when he possibly had anger issues to a game of Uno.

It wasn't long after that when I realised my common sense was altered, despite the fact I should have realised at that specific moment.