Golden King: 2

Between all Kings of history and mythology, Gilgamesh is definitely one of the top five that you'd want to avoid.

Would he be outraged that he's not the first? Absolutely.

But, I'll gladly take him on any day of the week over King Hassan.

"Unhand me!" Gilgamesh cried out as I got as far away from the people as I can.

"Okay," I replied as I stopped, raised him in the air, and threw him away.

Showing his experience in battle, he only struck the dessert sand once before instantly flipping over and standing up. Oh, and he didn't look happy.

(Okay, I got Gilgamesh away from the people. Now, how do I get him away from me?) I thought to myself in panic.

"If nothing else, I'll praise your bravery for fighting me by yourself," Gilgamesh said while glaring it. "Or perhaps is it stupidity?"

"Could be both, maybe neither," I said shrugging my shoulders. I honestly was just saying whatever came to my mind first. "But, I'm not looking for a fight. I just want to talk."

"After that act of trickery, you dare try to speak of peace?" Oh, so he's embarrassed but wants to make it out like I conned him or something. "I was not aware trees had a sense of humour. Maybe you'll know your place when have you turned to a foot stool."

"Look, we obviously got off on the wrong foot. So, maybe we can-"

"I no longer have the patience to listen to your nonsense," and just like that, diplomacy was thrown out of the window and several golden portals appeared above Gilgamesh.

Obviously, peace was no longer an option.

Weapons shot forth towards me and I immediately changed to my water element. The sound of splashing water was heard as the weapons just passed through me.

Gilgamesh's eyes widened in surprise, and I didn't give him time to register what happened as I changed the to my fire element and shot a fire-ball at him.

Why was I attacking despite the fact I'll obviously lose? If I was gonna get killed, then I'm going to at least give that bastard a scar or two. Maybe even take one of his limbs.

I'm not going down without a fight. If Shirou can do it, then so can I!

Sadly, Gilgamesh's surprise didn't last enough for the fireball to hit him. He pulled out a golden axe from a portal and slashed the fire-ball away.

"Humph, perhaps you'll prove entertaining aft-" I didn't even let him finish as I immediately began running towards him.

His eyes widen and several more weapons shot forward towards me. I changed to my water element, and the same result as before happened. I changed to rock when I got close enough and threw a punch at him.

He blocked it using the axe he was holding and I pushed forward, causing him to use his other hand to start pushing the axe.

Now, normally, running headfirst towards Gilgamesh is suicidal. But I had a plan... well, PART of a plan, but still.

I had to limit his space. I needed to give him less room to use his Gate. All the weapons he had won't matter if he can't pull them out. I may not have a Reality Marble, but I can still achieve something similar.

Changing to my wood element, I focused as hard as I could, and plants began to grow around my feet and cover Gilgamesh's.

"What?!" The king cried out as he saw the plants cover his feed and began covering the rest of him.

(It's working! It's actually-) my mental celebration was cut short as I saw something flash downwards.

I realised that the hand I was using to push Gilgamesh have now been cut off. My eyes widen in surprise as I jumped back and saw a sword near my fallen arm.

There was no pain, and for a moment I thought I was going into shock. Then I remembered I was a tree. "Well, this is just fanta-" I stopped my sarcasm as I saw wood grow out from the where my arm used to be and a new arm form in its place. "Oh... that IS fantastic," I said, moving my new arm to test it.

"You are rather resilient for a tree. No, you are not a tree, are you," it was a statement more than a question as Gilgamesh used the axe he was holding to cut away the plants holding him down and walk out of them. "What are you? An Elemental? No. Entirely, or better yet, you are too much. I have not heard of an Elemental that can regrow limbs that quickly, nor one that can change elements at will. Answer me, what are you?"

"When you find out, please tell me. I'm as confused as you are," I said while taking a battle stance.

Gilgamesh scoffed and more portals appeared behind him. "I suppose it matters little. Prepare to meet your end, thing," he said and I got ready to turn to my water element.

However, before either of us can move, golden chains suddenly sprouted from the ground between us. "That's enough, Gil. I believe there's better ways to resolve this."

I looked at the source of the voice and I can't describe the amount of relief I felt as I saw Enkidu there. "Please tell me you're not here to fight," I knew the answer but my jumpy mentality at the moment needed confirmation.

Enkidu chuckled. "No. I do not seek conflict. Gil doesn't either. He's just trying to state his boredom. I guess it got to his head."

"I am able to explain my own actions, Enkidu," Gilgamesh groaned out, thankfully making the portals go away.

"Either way, I believe we found something better to entertain you than meaningless conflict," Enkidu said looking at me, and I realised that he was referring to me as a source of 'entertainment'.

Honestly, back then, I was just too happy that I avoided an all out battle with Gilgamesh to care if they call me "tree", "thing", or "entertainment".