Snakes: 2

"This game is weird," Euryale said while holding a handful of leaves.

After the last idea I had, which was a few days ago, the Gorgon sisters did not trust me with anything physical at all. So, I suggested something we can do while sitting around.

Basically, Uno.

We had to make due with leaves painted with fruit juices. They were a little sticky and rough compared to the ones I had in Uruk with Gilgamesh, but we had to make do.

"Would you prefer to go on the swing again?" Stheno and Euryale violently shook their heads and scooted away from me.

A children's game was turned to an instrument of punishment, and for goddesses no less.

The age of gods really is full of weird stuff.

"Well, I end my turn," I said after drawing a card. I didn't have anything from the current color.

"Humph, winning such a game will be rather easy for us, right, 'me'?" Euryale held her nose high as Stheno started her turn.

The order was me, Stheno, Euryale, and then Medusa last.

"Yeah... about that..." Stheno mumbled as she placed her card. "Draw two."

"Wha- How could you?!" Euryale asked, looking rather betrayed.

"There could be only one winner," Stheno said in her defence with a shrug as Euryale angry pulled two new leaves.

"U-Uhmm... I think I'm supposed to play this even when the color doesn't match?" Medusa mumbled as her turn came before placing her last card, which was a wild card.

"Wow, you just won, Medusa," my statement caused all three Gorgon sisters to just freeze in their place and look at me in shock.

"I... I won?" Medusa genuinely didn't seem to believe that.

"T-That can't be right!" Stheno yelled.

"Y-Yeah! Let's start over right now! There has to be a mistake!" Euryale began gathering the cards.

I laughed a little at their hurt 'older sister pride' and the absolutely disbelieving look that Medusa still had. I would have said something but then I sensed someone enter the island.

Sighing, I stood up. "I'll be right back. Start the round without me," Medusa seemed to jolt and almost stood up but I stopped her. "No, you stay here. I'll deal with this."

I didn't even give her time to protest before I turned to my wind element and flew away at where I felt the energy was. It really wasn't hard to find them considering this island was empty and the only moving things bigger than a bird were just the Gorgon sisters and me.

It was, unsurprisingly, just another nameless grunt. So, turning my hand into metal, I created a sharp disc and started spinning it around at great speed. When it was fast enough, I sent it flying and it quickly took the guy's head off before he even knew what was coming.

Just like the other bodies, I burned this one without leaving a trace.

I feel no regret or remorse for killing humans specifically, but I still feel sad that a life was lost. I try to make the deaths as fast and as painless as possible. Dragging them on would be unnecessary cruelty and just wrong.

Elemental mentality has... its pros and cons.