Learning: 2

"H-O-U-S-E," I slowly read the tablet in front of me.

Along with learning how to sense magical energy, I started trying to read the language they have here, which I learned is called Mesopotamian. It wasn't really that hard since I can understand the language, so all that was left was to memorise the symbols and know how to read them.

And the one teaching me was, surprisingly, Siduri.

"Very good. You are not able to read sentences yet, but that would be expected since you just started," Siduri said as she took the tablet from me and placed it with the other ones that I practiced reading with.

"Thank you," I said with a nod before tilting my head in confusion at her. "By the way, I'm surprised you actually have the time to teach me with how much work Gilgamesh leaves you with."

Annoyance overtook her expression for a few seconds before she took a deep breath. "The king is... improving. He used to be much worse, if I am to be honest. However, after Enkidu appeared, he started taking a turn for the better. And about helping you, consider this a thank you for also helping the king improve."

"Wait, me?" I asked, even more confused.

Siduri nodded. "Yes. You might not have noticed, but his majesty actually became less... tense, I suppose is the word, after you arrived. Having another friend other than Enkidu is doing him good."

I wouldn't have gone so far to say we're TRULY friends, but that's mainly because he still doesn't call me by my name. But hey, if Siduri says I'm doing Gilgamesh good, then I'll believe her. She probably would know more about this than I am.

"Alright, thank you for the lessons. I'll be going to find Enkidu now," I said as I promised Enkidu to continue my magical sensing ability today.

I walked out of the castle and closed my eyes to focus. Enkidu told me that he'll already be in the city when we started, but didn't tell me where. He said that I should sense where he is since he'll be letting out some magical energy.

At first, there was the feeling about trees and plants like usual, but then I started sensing that 'heat'. It was honestly everyone and it was a little hard to try finding something out of place in it.

That's probably because the air from the age of gods is thick on magical energy.

However, I still managed to feel Enkidu's presence. I couldn't tell where he exactly was, but I still managed to pinpoint the general location.

I opened my eyes and tried to keep the feeling of Enkidu's magical energy. I started walking towards where that heat was coming from. However, I only knew the general location, so I just reached where the energy was at its strongest and began looking around.

It was near one of the fountains, but the problem was that there was lots of people and stalls around. It was easy to hide, even with Enkidu's peculiar green hair.

"Where are you?" I mumbled to myself as I began walking around the fountain.

I walked around for a while, looked around, and even looked inside the water of the fountain. But, I didn't find Enkidu.

"Come on, Enkidu, I'm close enough aren't I?" I yelled to the area around, which may have freaked a few people around out.

"I suppose you earned it," Enkidu said as he came out from behind one of the stalls. However, his skin and hair were of a different color, being dark brown, matching the stall, which explain why I haven't noticed him. "You passed me three times, by the way."

"Hey, it's not my fault. I'm still a beginner, and there's lots of disturbance from around," I groaned while crossing my arms.

Enkidu's colors returned to normal - it was cool to see shape-shifting like that - as he tilted his head in confusion. "Disturbance?"

"There's lots of magical energy everywhere," I sighed while shaking my head. "Feeling yours was already hard enough, but with the energy in the air it makes it seriously hard to know where exactly you are."

"Ah, you think what you feel is the air?" Enkidu asked.

"... What else could it be?" I asked, now confused.

If what I was feeling wasn't the magical energy in the air, then what the hell was it?

Enkidu just shook his head with a smile. "You will understand when you get better at sensing magical energy. For now, just know that while there is magical energy in the air, what's disturbing your senses is not that."

I just sighed. There was no straight answer with this clay.

When I found out what he was talking about, I was definitely surprised.