Beginning of the Chinese Arc

Third POV:

Yu Mei-Ren, also known as consort Yu, needed to use all his strength at the moment.

Because it was taking her everything she has to hold back the tears.

She watched from a distance as the battle took place and where her husband decided to die. She aske- no, BEGGED him to change his mind, but he didn't budge.

Her husband, Xiang Yu, was doing what he believed was best for this country as a whole, yet humans dubbed him a 'Demon general', and are doing everything they can to defeat him.

Yu knew that this was in fact her husband's intention. It was all going exactly like he wanted, but that didn't mean she had to like it, not one bit.

She watched the battle from a distance, following her husband's request to leave but refusing to go without seeing it through.

Biting her lips, Yu managed stop herself from outright crying as she saw her husband drop, the wounds getting to him, but she still couldn't hold back the tears anymore.

She watched as the battle started to settle down after her husband's death. She wanted to go there and cover the entire battlefield with blood, but she knew doing that would go against what her husband worked to create.

"Ahahahaha!" Yu blinked in surprise as she heard the most stereotypical evil laugh she can imagine.

She watched as something began forming from the smoke of battle. A large figure that was covered in cloth and a hood came out from the smoke right above her husband. Through the cloth and hood, fire would leak out.

"Thank you, humans! You have freed me from this host and gave me freedom!" The figure said, motioning to Xiang Yu's body.

"W-What are you?" One of the humans asked.

"I am the Demon that was controlling Xiang Yu! I used him as a puppet and you were never the wiser!" The stranger said.

"Xiang Yu was being controlled by a Demon!?" One of the humans yelled in shock.

Yu wanted to kill that human in particular. The idea that her husband can ever be controlled by something as weak as a Demon was outrageous.

Plus, the stranger didn't give off the energy of a Demon, but humans can't know that. She already worked out that they were most likely an Elemental, but what they were doing and why they were doing it eluded her.

"Indeed! How else do you think he achieved so much? Now, to pick my new host from you pathetic humans!" The stranger yelled.

The humans began scurrying around while raising their weapons. One of the archers pulled back a flaming arrow and shot, striking the cloth in the shoulder.

"Aaaah! It burns!" The stranger grabbed his shoulder and gave an obviously - to Yu at least - fake cry of pain. "Have you been blessed by the gods! Curse you, humans!"

"F-fire! Its weakness is fire! Keep shooting arrows!" One of the humans yelled and the archers followed through.

Yu did not know how to feel.

Should she feel bad for the stranger because of their terrible acting skills? Or should she feel bad for the humans because they actually fell for it.