FGO Singularity: 4

Third POV:

"This is where the attacks first happened," Sebastian stated as they reached the end of the town and revealed a field of crops. The field wasn't big and had a barricade around it. "We used to have entire fields, but this is all that is left. We're fortunate that Zaraka covered the field with traps to protect it from the ghouls."

Ritsuka looked over the field before looking up and seeing how the mountain and a road to the top was right behind it. "This definitely seems like best place to strike."

"Something doesn't make sense," Scathach commented with a hand on her chin. "Why did they not destroy the fields completely?"

"That's also something I've been wondering," Zaraka crossed his arms with a troubled look. "The attacks also happened days before I appeared, and no offence Sebastian, but these people could not have possibly protected themselves this long. After asking around, I found out that the ghouls always back off at a certain point of the attack and leave something behind."

"That's not how Undead act," Scathach commented and the others turned to her as she has the most experience in dealing with them. "Undead are essentially mindless, but they're not beyond control. If these things are JUST randomly spawning, then they would not stop until everything is dead. This means something is controlling them."

"Should we go up the mountain and investigate, Master?" Mash asked.

"If you're planning to go, then I'm sorry but I can't join you," Zaraka suddenly stated, looking a bit regretfully. "Even with my traps around, I'd rather not take any chances and leave the village undefended. I only leave when an trap is triggered to make sure if its an animal caught in rather than a ghoul."

"It's okay, we understand," Ritsuka nodded, seeing the logic behind what Zaraka says.

"But... If you want help, I think I know something that you'd be interested in," Zaraka said catching their attention. "Yesterday, a group of merchants came into the village."

"Were they not attacked by the ghouls?" Medusa asked with a raised eyebrow.

"That's what we asked them. Apparently, they WERE attacked, but someone saved them. They said a single warrior killed all the ghouls," Zaraka finished explaining.

"A servant," Scathach deducted.

"That's the most likely case," Zaraka nodded in agreement. "These things are not very powerful. A well-trained human can defeat one or at best two on their own. But the problem is in their numbers, so one person killing an entire group should be more than a single human is capable of."

"Can we tell us where those merchants had this incident?" Ritsuka requested and Zaraka nodded.

(~X~)

Walking on a dirt road, the group headed towards the direction that Zaraka pointed them to.

"Why are you searching for this servant?" Scathach asked, looking at the Master with a raised eyebrow. "I'm sure we can handle whatever is up on that mountain."

"Well, I'd like to have as much help as possible to be safe," Ritsuka replied while scratching his cheek. "Also, if this servant knows something about the cause of this singularity, that would be really helpful. I don't really want to go in blind."

Scathach shrugged and looked forward again. "I suppose that's reasonable," she said before her gaze turned towards Medusa again.

"Will you please stop that?" Medusa requested with a sigh.

"So, Roman," Ritsuka called out to the doctor. "What can you tell me about Zaraka?"

"Zaraka was an ancient hunter from the City of Uruk," Roman's face popped up.