Snakes: 6

It was another day here in the Shapeless Isles. I wish I can say I was doing nothing but that would be a huge lie. I wasn't dealing with another idiot trying to invade the Isles. I was dealing with something much worse.

Dealing with bratty goddesses.

"My eyes are too small and forehead is too big."

"Have you never took a look at my arms before? Why did you make them this way?"

"You call this a statue? I've seen a pile of rubble that are closer to looking like me."

"Have you seriously no eyes to see how we look?"

Those were just some of the 'colorful reviews' that Stheno and Euryale said to me about my attempts to build statues for them while I was in my stone element.

Why was I doing that? Well, I wasn't originally even doing that.

At first, I wanted to work on my control so I can be as detailed as possible. I was actually already good, but I wanted to be better, so I asker Medusa if I can make statues of her.

The way she stuttered was something that can make even Gil admit she's cute. Well, he wouldn't actually have done that, but you get it.

I eventually explained that I just want to make simple things, like a copy of her hand or something. The problems began AFTER her sisters found that out.

They were outraged and claimed I was showing favoritism. They said that, if anyone should have their statues made, it would be the older sisters first. I would have been angry but I noticed how they never said Medusa shouldn't have any statues herself, just that I should start with them since they're older.

I couldn't tell if Medusa agreed with them to avoid having statues made for her out of embarrassment or because she really believed her sisters are the embodiment of perfection.

Anyway, back to the current events, I was trying to create a statue of Euryale. I was attempting to make it as accurate as possible. It's not that I don't get close, it's just that Stheno and Euryale are perfectionists.

"I'm taller than that," Euryale was instructing me as I was finishing up with the statue. "And the stomach area is big. Are you saying I'm fat?! Do it again!"

"Alright, timeout!" I yelled as I waved a hand and made caused the statue to fall apart. I turned to my wood element and just laid down. "I'm taking a break. You two are impossible to please!"

And this is coming from someone who worked with freaking Gilgamesh!

"Well, maybe you're just incompetent," Euryale huffed while crossing her arms.

"It wasn't so bad with Medusa. She didn't demand every little thing to be perfect," I said, making Medusa jump and give me a look that says 'don't bring me into this!'.

"Well, obviously a Meduseless needs US to help her get a perfect statue," Stheno simply waved off what I said while sitting on a rock. "Honestly, I was quite surprised to see you building statues for her in secret. Were you two possibly having an affair behind our backs?"

Medusa missed the teasing tone and tilted her head in confusion, losing her previous look. "An... affair? What's that?"

"It's basically a secret romantic relationship, mostly behind someone's back," I explained to Medusa and gave Stheno the most deadpan look I can muster. "And really? What kind of romantic relationship can someone have with me?"

It's not that I didn't exactly want a lover, I just didn't have any sexual desires to act upon. I definitely would have liked to have Medusa as a girlfriend - especially now since she looks old enough to be her Rider self -, but I can't exactly fulfil the role of a lover in my current state even if I tried.

"Hmm... I guess you are a bit too ugly to love," Stheno said with her usual sadistic smile.

"I don't think someone with a giant ugly stain on their dress has the right to judge people's looks."

"*Gasp!* WHERE!?" Stheno jumped from the rock and began desperately looking over her dress.

Was there actually anything on her dress? No. But, she didn't need to know that, so I just sat down and watched as Medusa and Euryale tried to assure a panicked Stheno that her dress was flawless.