Take Me To Your Leader: 2

Standing at the gate, I waited for the guards to bring someone to check on me.

Mark and his merchants were allowed in after their stuff were examined. I, however, had to wait for someone more important to come in and check on my validity because I asked to meet up with the king from the get-go.

At first, they straight up turned me away, but after explaining to them that I was sent by a 'dear friend of Arthur' and that he would be mad if I was just turned away for no reason, they sent for one of more important knights to come in and check on me.

It took a while and the sun was beginning to set when the knights returned with someone leading them. The person that appeared with the knights was a man with blond hair and a scar over one of his eyes.

"Greetings, I am Sir Kay, one of the knights under King Arthur," the man introduced himself before narrowing his eyes. "The knights informed me that you have come here in place of a friend of the king, do you have proof of your claims?"

He was being very reasonable, so I guess I can just go straight to the point. "Vivian sent me to watch over that girl."

Kay's eyes widened at the mention of Vivian, and even more so when I said 'girl'. If I remember correctly, he knew of Arthur's gender.

"I see," he sighed and looked over his shoulder to the other knights. "This man speaks the truth. He is coming with me to see his majesty."

"Yes, sir Kay!" The other knights agreed, bowing their heads and moving around to make a path.

Kay motioned for me to follow him before turning around. "Come with me. His majesty will wish to see you immediately once he learns Vivian is involved," he stated and I shrugged my shoulders before following the Knight as we walked through the gate and into Camelot.

Like the gates and walls, most of the city seemed to still be under construction, but that didn't take away the glow it gave off. And I mean actual glow. Almost every single building is either pure white or silver.

Just like the gates and walls, I thought it was unreasonably flashy.

We walked through the city as people made way and stared at us. Well, most their stares were sent to Kay, but many were also directed at me.

Man, this brings me back to the days in Uruk in a strange way.

Anyway, after we reached a large castle, which was also unreasonably flashy and white, we entered through the gates and walked down a large hallway. We reached a set of large double doors and outside were two knights standing guard.

"Sir Kay! His Majesty King Arthur is having a meeting with the nobles at the moment!" The first Knight immediately said.

"I see. Have they been there long?" Kay asked.

The Knight nodded. "Yes, nearly a whole hour."

"Then they should be finished soon, we shall wait here," Kay nodded and stood at the side of the door with me following close by.

"How come you can tell they're almost finished?" I asked.

"King Arthur prefers to be... punctual when it comes to meetings. Most his meetings only last one hour if nothing occurs," he explained to me.

I guess that makes sense. Gilgamesh used to do something like that... Though his version was just when he had enough of a meeting and just told everyone to go back to work rather than a schedule.

Soon enough, the double doors were opened and a group of people walked out. Many of them were dressed in noble robes while some were also wearing armors. They didn't look happy or angry, they just looked... somewhat annoyed.

Kay walked into the room after all those people walked out and I followed him. I was greeted with the sight of a large, round table with most of the seats empty.

Only three seats were occupied at the moment, one by a man in white robes, long white hair, a few flowers ornaments, and holding a staff. The other was by another blond Knight, having a larger build than Kay and looking rather serious.

The third seat, which was more of a throne, was occupied by Arthur. She had a rather stoic expression.. A Knight was standing besides her, looking ready to serve his king. He had silver hair, a rather thin build, and a prosthetic arm made of wood.

"Your majesty, this man has came with a message from Vivian," Kay introduced me while giving a bow.

Arthur's eyes widen slightly before she went back to her emotionless expression. "I see," she nodded and then looked at me. "Tell me, what message does the Lady of the Lake have for me?"

"My name is Zack, and the message is that I'm your new babysitter, little girl."

Was that too straight forward? Yeah, but I don't care. I'm not really here by choice and, if not for the direct order from Gaia, I wouldn't even be here.

I have no desire to humor the image this girl is trying to build for herself.