Bloody Fangs: 2

For the last few days, I have been wondering:

Would any linguist from modern time make their student start with poems as soon as they know how to read letters?

Well, if you ask Yu that, her answer would be yes.

"It's 'the butterfly's wing is carried by the winds of tomorrow' you overgrown hunk of firewood!"

Case in point.

She didn't take it kindly after learning my age. I haven't been insulted this much since Gilgamesh. It's kind of nostalgic, actually.

She surprisingly didn't react THAT bad to Arcueid.

Yu said that, in her defence, Arcueid was bred just to be an Ultimate One's new body.

Still complained though. A lot.

But, I have to admit, she wasn't actually a bad teacher.

She yelled a lot, and her demands SOUNDED unreasonable, but she actually made sure to be thorough on what I need to do to fix my mistakes.

"You know, you should show some respect since I'm this planet's Archtype," I groaned while crossing my arms.

"And?" Yu glared at me while crossing her arms. "Being Archtype just means you're the closest thing to an Ultimate One, not that you ARE one."

Well, she got me there.

Honestly, her bad attitude would have been a big deal if she wasn't still getting over the loss of her husband. If I was human, I know for a fact she would have been far worse.

Heck, she would have probably killed me by now of I was human.

"Speaking of Ultimate Ones," I gave her a serious look. "Do you know anything about the Moon's Ultimate One?"

Her eyes widen and I actually saw a flash of fear. "... Why do you ask?"

"Considering your age, I thought you'd know something about them."

"How do YOU not know?"

"I know they're on Earth, but that's all I know right now," I explained.

I could ask about ORT, but there's no need to actually bring up that big spider considering it's sleeping and doesn't have any intention of going on a rampage until the time of NOTES.

Yu sighed and looked down. "A couple centuries ago, he came in to see me. Apparently, he was interested in my vampire-like nature. I had no desire to become one of his followers, and he was surprisingly okay with that?"

"He just let you go?" I asked.

"Why would he need my help?" Yu glared at me and her shoulders began shaking as she clinched her fists. "That... THING was an actual Ultimate One. It doesn't need followers. He's just gathering them on a whim. I... I felt his power. The power someone needs to be considered a Planet's Mirror. It was insane. If he actually wanted, he could have forced me to join him. Immortality be damned."

Damn. I knew Crimson Moon and the other Ultimate Ones were on a league of their own, but to traumatise an immortal despite the fact you've been acting civil?

That's straight up terrifying.

"So, are you planning to meet him?" Yu asked me.

"No, I just wanted to know where he is to avoid him," I replied with a shrug.

If I wanted to meet an Ultimate One, I would just go to South America and wake the Spider up. I wonder if Yu knows about it?

"So you do have some semblance of intelligence?" Yu sounded surprised and I gave her a deadpan look. "You're better off. You might be Archtype Earth, but again, that doesn't mean you're an actual Ultimate One. Don't even think you compare to those monsters."

Not surprising in the slightest. Arcueid was bred to be an Ultimate One and even then she was too weak to actually achieve that position.

Can't imagine what you would need to reach the rank of those monsters.

It didn't take me THAT long to find out.

Sure, it was only a few centuries after that when the war on Crimson Moon happened, but that doesn't change the fact I figured out the amount of bullshit power you would need to be a Type.

And to fight one.