Run and Fight: 1

"Damn... stupid... egotistical... old hag," O mumbled a few more curses at a certain warrior queen as I climbed through one of the mountains.

I've been travelling for a few... days - I think? The land of Shadows isn't any better than Nature's Law when it comes to keeping up time - and I don't know how much progress I made since I have no idea where the castle is beyond the general direction.

I reached for a place to grab hold of... only to pull back my arm as a snake made of bones burst from that place and tried to take it off.

I grabbed hold of the snake and threw it away to... I don't even know. There was fog that stopped me from seeing the bottom. I kept climbing until I reached a gash in the mountain big enough for me to climb into and use as a cave.

"This is so freaking annoying. I can't believe heroes willingly go on journeys like this for some grand adventure," I groaned as I rested.

Honestly, I wanted to just go back to my real body and only come back to the puppet after it rested enough. Sadly, I didn't want to risk leaving the body unprotected.

I really have to give it to Scathach, though. The body is working really well, as far as I can tell, that is. I've suffered a few scratches and cuts from the few undead I've encountered and they mostly just cut through the cloths I've been wearing while hardly scratching the skin.

She really came through when she said she'll make a powerful body. Still don't to risk leaving it alone, though.

After I rested long enough, I left the gash and kept climbing through the mountain. It didn't take me long to reach the the edge of the top. Pulling myself up and over it, I groaned in annoyance seeing what's in there.

There was a ghoul, one larger than the ones I've seen before. This one was almost over twice my size. I would think it was waiting for me if not for the fact it actually had its back turned.

Quietly pulling myself over the edge, I slowly pulled out my sword. I walked closer and closer, reeling back my blade, before swinging forward to cut that thing in half.

Only, ironically, my blade stopped before reaching the spine.

"Shit, I didn't put enough strength!" I groaned in alarm. I was used to the smaller, thinner ghouls.

The undead turned around tried to swat me away. I pulled my sword out and jumped back, nearly falling over the edge. Groaning as I had no where to jump back to, I looked at the ghoul as it now was facing me and raised its arm before bringing it down to try cutting me.

Jumping under the strike and the ghoul's arm, I sighed in relief as I no longer had the edge behind me. Turning to face the ghoul, it turned around again and did manage to swat me away this time, but not before I brought up my sword to protect myself with.

I skid back a few feet and raised my sword as to block the ghoul's claws from striking my head. Twisting the blade, I direct the ghoul's arm and make it fall besides me. Stepping on it to hold it in place, I reel back my sword and swing forward, applying more strength this time, and managed to cut the ghoul in half from middle.

Once the ghoul's upper body fell, I raised my sword and smashed it at the head, splitting it open. The ghoul's body began turning to dust after that.

So far, cutting or smashing their heads seems to be the most effective way to kill these ghouls. I guess being undead is the reason.

"This one was stronger," I mumbled as I realised that, the closer I get to Scathach's castle, the stronger the enemies will be.

Knowing her, she picked the most infested place that has the strongest enemies to have her castle in just to regularly fight them.

Freaking Celts and their battle maniac nature.

I really should be more careful. I almost lost there because I didn't put my all into the first swing. Obviously, this body being destroyed doesn't mean anything to my real one.

But I'll have to ask Scathach if I wanted to fix it and I don't want to give her more on me than she already has. She'd never let me live this down.

"Screw that!" I cried out as I began running in the same direction I've been going.

I'm gonna do this, reach the Castle of Shadows, exceed all of Scathach's expectations, and kick her ass.

Why? Just out of PURE spite!

.... gotta hand it to her, I haven't wanted to spite someone this much since Gilgamesh.

(Discord Server: https://discord .gg/ 29uGTz6s)