Fluffy: 3

"You can do it!" Cernunnos cheered from the side.

You know, most people would find it annoying that they have someone cheering on them from the side of the battle because they find it distracting, but it's honestly great to have someone keeping your spirit up.

I guess cheerleaders and cheering squads were more important than I thought.

Back to the current predicament, I was fighting three warrior remnants this time. Normal ghouls got less and less the closer we got to the Castle of Shadows. Cernunnos said it was natural and confirmed my suspicion that Scathach picked the hardest area to set up her domain.

Freaking Celts and their battle-hunger.

I pushed away a warrior remnant that had a sword and dodged a stab from the one holding a spear. The last one, also holding a sword, came charging in from behind, swinging his sword down.

I dodged at the last second and stepped on his blade, keeping him in place as I spun around and sliced off his head. The spear remnant came charging at me again. I let the stab go under my arm, which gave me the chance to take hold of the spear's pole under my arm and use it to pull the remnant closer while throwing it off balance.

Taking the chance, I swung my sword in my remaining arm and took the spear remnant's head off. The last remnant came charging with its sword raised. I was still holding the spear from the last remnant, so when its body dropped and let go of it, I raised the spear and used it to block the attack.

I swung myself at the remnant's midsection, cutting its body in half. When the remnant's body dropped, I immediately stabbed my sword in its head and killed it off.

"Dammit, isn't that lady's job is to make sure the remains of warriors don't go out of control?" I groaned as I watched the remains of the warriors vanish.

"She's doing a decent-nos job," Cernunnos said as he walked closer. "There's usually much more. I guess-nos she left those ones to test you."

"Figures she'd try to make this hard on me," I groaned as I looked at the distance and we can actually see the castle of Shadows now... even if it's like a small pink dot, basically. "This is gonna take a while."

It did. It took us nearly two to four weeks to get to the Castle of Shadows. I don't remember the exact time because keeping track of it is a pain in a land with no sun or moon. Nearly a whole month of fighting harder and harder.

It would have taken longer without Cernunnos' help, which is something I'm grateful for.

"Urgh, almost there," I groaned as we me and Cernunnos climbed the side of a mountain.

I reached the top first. I turned began helping Cernunnos over the edge, which wasn't hard because he's actually quite strong so pulling himself up was easy, especially with my help.

When we turned around, I got a look at the Castle of Shadows for the first time. Honestly, it looks like something out of a princess story. Large towers with pointy tips, a large gate, and a bridge to boot.

The bridge was actually quite large and made of stone. At the end of the bridge was a dark figure that stood completely still, almost waiting for someone.

"I guess this is my final test," I groaned.

(A/N: so sorry for the lack of updates. I've had a cold for all of last week and some of this week.

To make up for it, I made this chapter short so I can make the next chapter long.

Discord Server: https/discord.gg/Q4gCynRsw3)