Passing Time: 5

Time went on and, honestly, I don't even know how much time passed by now.

I think the astrologists in the castle said a little over two years had passed since Gilgamesh left at this point. I didn't really keep track since time doesn't really register to me.

"Are we seriously doing this?" I asked the large boar in front of me that was currently dragging one of its feet across the ground, ready to charge.

I was dealing with a monster that was harassing the local farms. The monster turned out to be a large demonic boar that was roughly the size of a big house. It had a mixture of dark red and black fur and  golden tusks.

"Look, we can do this the-" the boar charged at me before I even finished. "Hard way. Got it."

I just turned to my rock element and waited as the boar got closer and closer. When it was almost right in front of me, I tapped my foot on the ground and a large spike burst from the ground, impaling the boar right through the underbelly and coming out of its back.

The spike stopped the boar right in its place as it died with blood beginning to seep into the ground. "Well, I hope you people like boar meat, cause you ain't running out of it any time soon," I said to the farmers that were hiding behind me, all of which began cheering.

"Thank you, Elemental Zack," one of the guards that was supposed to be protecting the farm walked up to me. "It shames me to admit, but we have not prepared for a demonic boar appearing out of nowhere. They usually only stay near Mount Ebit."

I tilted my head at him. "Isn't that Ishtar's-" I stopped halfway through the question and deadpanned at the dead boar. "No... now that I think about it, it makes sense these things wander around considering who owns that mountain," I shook my head and looked back at the guard. "Well, you handle everything else. I'll be leaving." With that, I turned to my wind element and flew away.

Things have been relatively normal for a while. Well, normal for the age of gods at least. Me and Enkidu have been handling the city pretty well with Siduri's help.

Zaraka can stand up and walk a few shaky steps on his own now.

I paid a couple of visits to Tiamat. They were mostly just me telling her of the things that happened in Uruk. She was pretty mad about the Gugalanna incident and told me that Anu - Ishtar's father - had apparently always wanted a daughter that rules over the heavens.

Guess that's why he spoils her so much. I wouldn't put it past a god to have a crush on his own daughter, honestly.

Anyway, Tiamat has been nice company. She was mostly listening to what I have to say. Guess being with only herself to talk to for a really long time made her just want to listen to someone else.

I haven't exactly told anyone that I was talking to her. Not even Enkidu. It's not exactly a subject you can bring up out of nowhere. Not to mention there's no positive way to respond to the fact I'm talking to Tiamat.

I didn't see any sign of the Counter Guardian or the Counter Force after the first time they appeared. Now that I think about it, is the Counter Force even a thing at this point of time?

Then again, I really don't put time travel beyond the Counter Guardian since it guards the Root. Especially since it was sighted to the path of Fifth Magic.

"I just hope nothing too big comes up," I said as I landed at the gates of Uruk and turned back to my wood element.

Just as I was about to enter the gates, my senses were disturbed as a powerful magical energy began approaching Uruk. I would have been worried if it wasn't for the fact I recognised that specific energy.

"About freaking time!" I yelled out as I turned back and stood in front of the gates.

I just stood there for a while before a figure came into view from a distance. They kept walking forward until they reached the flower field in front of the gate.

"Hmm, odd. I don't remember there being any flowers when I left," Gilgamesh with a cloak around his shoulders said as he looked around.

"Took you long enough," I groaned out as I walked towards him. "You've... gotten taller," and he really did. He was taller and his hair was a bit of a mess. Guess he didn't have time to clean up in a while.

"And you have not changed. Not even slightly," Gilgamesh replied after giving me a look over.

"Hey, why change what's perfect," I scoffed while crossing my arms.

"If that is what you tell yourself at night to help you sleep, then rest in delusions."

"I don't even sleep, idiot."

"Then that means even delusions are not enough to convince yourself that you are perfect."

I laughed and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Welcome back, Gil. So, how was your search for immortality?"

Gilgamesh flinched and his smile became strained. I wondered what was that about for a second then I remembered... the snake...

I can't believe I actually forgot to warn him about that.

The looks on the faces of people as me and Gilgamesh walked through the city and headed towards the castle were honestly priceless.

When we walked up the stairs, we found Siduri standing in front of the entire castle staff at the gate.

"Ah, holding a feast for my return?" Gilgamesh asked.

Shockingly enough, Siduri actually leveled him with a glare. "No... no we are not," she said harshly while crossing her arms. "We're tired, your majesty. You went ahead and left us just like that. We're all very tired and most of us would have not been able to complete our jobs if it wasn't for Enkidu and Zack. For once, you will listen to our complaints."

I couldn't help but look at her with wide eyes. I can see that the rest of the staff behind her looked seriously nervous, most likely afraid of Gilgamesh's wrath.

At least this is better than what originally happened. If I remember correctly, Siduri was the only one left when Gilgamesh came back in the original story. The fact the others stayed really showed how much influence me and Enkidu had.

Gilgamesh just laughed and summoned a golden throne behind him where he sat down. "Very well. I admire the courage you had to build up to face me like this as soon as I returned. Let us hear what you have."

He definitely grew up.

The fact Siduri's glare became more firm probably made him regret it, though.