Chapter 14

Jai's POV

I pick up Papa and Chacha ji on the way from our Field, while Rukh Bhaiya Picks up His father and Tauji!

it's 8:30pm and today we are going to make sweet's! It will be fun as always but I hope that Ms.poison does not end up fighting with me.

From the first day since she came we are fighting. One day peace is just what I am asking for, but whenever I look at her my blood begans to boils.

I park the Jeep and everyone gets down, and even Rukh Bhaiya reaches.

We open the door and enter the house "what's happening in the house?" Asked Bade Tau ji.

We saw women's keeping the batter near the chulhas.

There are 3 chullhas btw.

"Ohh Today we have to make Imartis" Said Papa

"That's great" Then I looked at the stairs, Vishakha and Ritu Carrying a very heavy vessel together with batter in it.

I also noticed Ritu wearing Pajamas and Shirt.

I quickly rush to them "let me help" I said and hold the vessel from top and keep my one hand below, actually above someone's hand.

Ms.poison looked at me but not with a glare but said "that's my hand"

I removed my hand from her warm ones a bit side.

Then I told Ritu "Ritu you go and help Taiji"

She nods and left us slowly removing her hands.

Ms.Poison and I don't speak anything but then our glaring war begins because I say "can't you walk properly?" As she hit her leg somewhere.

"Something came beneath my leg so not my mistake"

"Yes every time is not your mistake" I said and she rolled her eyes.

We place the batter down and move away from each other.

Then the womens say to go up quickly and have a bath. Then after dinner we will make sweets.

So we all rush to our room, bath and have dinner.

While eating the food Chacha ji said "Ritu beta what are you wearing today?"

Then Ritu looked at Ms.poison.

Then Vishakha replied "Uncle I gave this to Her to wear. It's actually more comfortable than suits in the night that's why"

"But beta"

"And even she wanted to wear it" Vishakha said

"Is it true Ritu?" Asked Chachaji

Ritu looks down.

Then Vishakha said "I am sorry uncle but she was not wearing it when I told her to, but uncle if mens are free to roam around in best and towel outside the house so why can't womens wear something of their choice? And it's just Pajamas and Shirt's. I am sorry if Anyone of you are feeling that I am going against you or something but as A girl I can understand who they feel. Also being an psychiatrist I do know how a girl feels to try something new when she knows that maybe her own family won't like it"

I listen to her very carefully.

Then Tauji says "we have no problem with Ritu wearing anything but Vishakha if it's just for wearing in the house then it's fine until it's not to revealing"

"But uncle, revealing doesn't mean that a girl is doing it purposely! Why didn't you question my wearing till now? Just because you think girls from the city are like this?" She asked

Then My father said "no beta, it's not like that we didn't question you for your wearing. But whenever you were out one of us was with you. Be it city or village, there are mens you sometimes take advantage of a lone girl. You are confident we know with what ever you wear but your safety is our responsibility and we don't want to restrict you in any way"

"This totally means that a girl is not free to move out of their houses alone in Pajamas while the men can drink and walk along the streets in just a vest and Short!" She said

Everyone became silent.

"I am sorry for speaking over. But I think sometimes" She looks at me "changes come from the home itself"
Then she looks at Chachaji "So uncle, do you have any problem in Riti wearing what she is wearing now?"

Chacha ji shooked his head "No beta but it will take time for everyone to adjust to changes. Like Baani, we have seen her wearing clothes like you but not Ritu so"

Vishakha smiled "no Problem uncle, changes do take time, the only thing we need is open minds"

Ritu smiled at Vishakha and Vishakha closed her eyes for a moment and passed a sweet smile.

Everyone resumed eating but I don't know why, Ms.poisons thinking has impressed me alot.

She looked at me and I immediately look at Pihu.

I got a mini heart attack just now.

"What happened Jai?" Asked Chirag Bhai and I shook my head "nothing"

•••••••••••••••

We all are making Imarti right now and all the womens are sitting in front of us, smiling and laughing.

The imarti's are almost done and I saw kids coming down from the up stairs and giggling.

Surely they did something.

"Okay so the Imarti's are done and now it's time to serve" Said Papa

We place them on the plates.

All the husbands go to their wifes and they sit with them with their children.

While the one left is Ms.poison.

"Aree Jai beta, serve Imarti to Vishakha" Said Maa

"Hunh?" I say

"No aunty I will take it" Vishakha began to get up but Maa held her hand and made her sit.

"No you are not doing anything l, you sit here he will bring for you and himself will eat here only" Maa said sternly and Vishakha just nods.

I took one plate and was finding another one, where is it?

"What happened?" Maa asked

"There is only one plate Maa"

"So what, bring Imarti in one plate and you both share" Maa said

"No" Shouts me and Ms.poison

"Why no? Rest of the vessels are kept for washing, now just come fast with them or else they will get cold" Maa said and I was about to speak something when Papa said "no arguments Jai, listen to your mother"

I sigh and keep 6 Imarti's in the plate. I don't know how much she will eat but I will eat 3-4 for sure.

I go near her and sit down, infornt of her.

😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠

I know it's a bit short chapter but please bear ! 🥹

I hope u liked it.

Thank you and take care.