Saaya

HELP PLEASE GUYS, I want to paste pictures in the middle of the chapters too but I am unable to understand how.

THE DAY YOU GIVE UP TO "TRY"

IS THE DAY YOUR DREAMS "DIE" -smilygal

"Janta hu kuch kaam bhut mushkil hoty hai. Akele nahi kiye ja sakty, par har mod par, tum chaho ya na chaho, tumhe pasand ho ya na ho, saaye ki tarha hamesha tumhary pichey khada milonga hamesha tumahary pichy khada milunga,",

the exact words of Vansh still revolving in my head from early this morning as I stir the pot of sweet dish(meethi bhaat) I'm preparing for the whole family as an after marriage ritual, Meri pheli Rasoi with one hand, my other hand caressing the dori on the back of my blouse as my lips curved upwards on its own at the memory of how he helped me tie it.

my skin tingled as his fingers lightly brushed my exposed skin, but what basked my soul with utter happiness were his closed eyes. The way he respected me is beyond everything.

His gestures are making me feel something, my heart is giddy and I feel ticklish in my stomach. At the same time, I am still conflicted. My fear keeps me in check and it's a good motivator.

"What if this all is just not true?" this one question keeps holding me back.

Shaking my head, I asked the kitchen staff to set the dining table for breakfast like always except for the Meethi Bhaat, as I will be serving myself.

I was just done with offering dainties to Krishna idol when Dadi enter the temple area.

"Good morning Riddhima. Beta badi jaldi uth gayi?", she asked me, as she folded her hands in front of the idol as a gesture of respect.

"ji Dadi, aaj Siya ko physiotherapy session ke liye doctor Batra Ke pass leke jana hai. 11 bje ka appointment hai so sab jaldi jaldi kar diya."

I replied with a smile, bending to touch her feet and taking a blessing from her.

"Thik hai beta. Par aaj teri pheli Rasoi hai na. Toh kuch bnaya meethy may?" she asked me as we walked out of the temple towards the dining area of the mansion.

"Ji Dadi app bilkul fikr mat kijiye. Nashta bhi ready hai and meetha bhi mainy bna diya hai. bas Krishna ko bhog lagany gayi thi.", I replied happily as she sat on one of the chairs of the for the breakfast.

"fikr, who toh terese any se mainy karni chor hi di hai", she told me playfully, as we both giggled at her words. I just love the way I feel calm and easy around her. She is probably the only person I can be this relaxed around well, except for Siya, but with her, I turn into a professional mode, as a psychiatrist for her depressed patient.

"Ja beta jaldi se meetha bhi lga kar le aa sabke liye. Sab aaty hi hongy", dadi asked me breaking me out of my thoughts.

Nodding towards her, I went into the kitchen. I was pouring the sweet dish from the cauldron in the bowls for everyone suddenly I quivered as a loud BANG broke the serenity of the morning. The spoon shook out of my hands and thudded on the ground.

Putting the cauldron back I was about to step out but found my way blocked by none other than, Mrs D'Souza, the head of the entire staff of VR Mansion.

"What was that?", I asked, trying to walk past her when once again, she blocked me from leaving.

"what do you mean madam?", avoiding my eyes she asked.

"That sound, Mrs. D'Souza, I just heard it."

" oh that, maybe some car backfired outside. who knows",

she replied giving a nonchalant shrug. But the truth was different, she was anything but that. The way she was sneak peeking at her watch, the way she was blocking my way, and her eyes were avoiding mine, it was written loud and clear she was hiding something.

"no it was not. It was like a bullet was being fired. And Mrs. D'Souza, VR Mansion is away from the city, in the wilderness, how can a car sound reach here? The main road is at least 10 kilometers away.",

Showing a weak smile, she just kept fidgeting with her saree pallu, done with her lies, I decided to step out but again she stopped me.

"Your Imagination is really good madam. But maybe it was one of the workers or Angry sir's car.",

"why are blocking my way?", I asked, done with this façade of hers.

"Oh", she started, smacking her forehead lightly, "I'm here for the sweet dish you prepared. Dadi ji asked me to bring it for everyone", almost pushing to one side, she hastily picked the tray decorated with the bowls of the dish and left, definitely in a hurry to escape. But from what? me? why?.

I frowned, ever since my step into this Mansion, I've always found her calm and poised no matter what. Always in control of herself and everything around her, is loyal to Vansh. Seeing her like this, all lost and in a hurry was a totally different and somewhat disturbing experience.

And that gunshot, what the hell was that?

Not dwelling on the matter for now and deciding to bring it to Vansh's attention I made my way out, I just reached the dining table when the sight of Vansh, now ready in a blue tux and white shirt moving his way up the stairs froze me to the spot as I saw a shining black and golden gun in his right hand.

Thank you so much for all the votes and comments. Please keep me updated about your views on the plot in the comment section or if you ever feel it becoming boring. MAJOR TWIST AND DARMA all will be there. And the Kabir fans, please wait a little will be making a dramatic entry soon too.

until next time, enjoy all.....Make sure to comment more and comment on what you are feeling about the story.

---smilygal