BRIGHT NEW TOMMORROW

AUTHOR'S POV:

Riddhima stirs. It felt like her entire body was pricked with needles. She was shaking but surprisingly she was comfortable, way too comfortable. The last thing she remembered was Inspector Kabir canceling on her over the phone while she was waiting for him at some coffee house and blank.

The blanket of darkness was covering her tightly and it was suffocating but she could feel her surroundings. She could feel shadows looming over her as the distant voices reached her brain. Focusing with all her might she tried to pry her eyes open but just couldn't. Her chest was throbbing as if someone was sitting on it. The put all her strength into her hands, but they were still, too still. Her breath quickened, as her toes curled. Bile raised in her body at the feel of a feathery touch on her ankles. What the hell is happening? am I in one of those nightmares? Why the hell this feels so real?

She knew this was not Vansh, she could feel it in her bones, the disgust sweeping in as the hand kept sliding higher and higher. On her knees, her thighs, she delivered all strength that was left in her to scoot away even though her consciousness was circling the drain. She could feel the lapping onslaught of repugnance circling in her stomach, acidifying her throat and begging for purging her very soul. As those thick fingers reached the insides of her thighs, tears rolled down her cheeks she begged silently to stop, she even hoped for death.

She opened her mouth, prying her teeth apart to scream but no words came out. She felt like someone had run a bulldozer over her. She clutched her eyes, begging for this nightmare to be over as she focused on only one face, her husband.

And it vanished. The hand on her thighs vanished, and she was scooped in large hands as a contented sigh escaped her lips, feeling her husband's familiar warmth enveloping her.

"Vansh..",

She opened her mouth, letting air out, but no voice escaped her, maybe her savior understood as fingers ran through her hair, cooing to her,

"It's me, just sleep, you're ok",

Vansh bit her earlobe lightly, whispering sweet nothings to her. The last thing she heard was a loud crash before she surrendered to this safe blanket of darkness the overwhelming scent of her husband provided her with.

**********************************************************************************************************

"Sunkar dukh hua, jab vo yha se gya, tab sab thik tha, utna thik jitna thik ho sakta tha usky aur mere beech.."

(I am sorry to hear that, when he left, it was all amicable, as amicable as it could be)

("Mi dispiace sentire che, quando se n'è andato, è stato tutto amichevole, il più amichevole possibile")

Vansh twirled his glass in his right hand, bringing it to his lips, the bitter liquid made contact with his tongue as he gulped it down listening to the shaking voice of Italian Mafia underboss from another end of the line on the phone on his left ear. He leaned back listening to pathetic excuses of the underboss of that motherfucker.

"Jo kehna tha keh chuka hu, ab tumhara boss is layak nahi ki ek kashti sambhal saky aur beech samandar aang lgali usny, toh mai kya karu?

(I already answered enough. If your boss was not qualified to take care of one shipment and ended up getting it sinking under the sea.)

(Ho già risposto abbastanza. Se il tuo capo non era qualificato per occuparsi di una spedizione e finiva per farla affondare sotto il mare.)