WILTED AWAY SLOWLY

Riddhima's eyes widened as she saw Vansh laying on floor, liquor bottles littered around him. God knows for how long he has been drinking. There was still one bottle in his tight grip as he was sitting on floor, eyes closed he was spread out on the dirty floor.

Riddhima rushed down the stairs, almost slipping twice because of the dirt accumulated on them. Crouching down in front of Vansh she helped him sit up, supporting him with her hands around her shoulder and she sitting on the floor behind him, almost all his weight on Riddhima. She scrunched her nose as the heavy smell of alcohol invaded her senses making her nausea.

Her eyes watered because of the heavy smell as she snatched the bottle from Vansh's hand, rolling it another corner.

"Vansh..."

She called out softly, patting his cheeks,

"Vansh utho please.."

(Vansh, please wake up)

Making him sit she wiped his lips with her hands watching the liquor dripping. Vansh was murmuring gibberish she couldn't understand or relate to, just when both of them were up, Riddhima herself slipped on one of the tilted bottle, both of them fell on ground. A large silky white cloth, flew high before settling itself over them covering both of them perfectly.

Riddhima opened her eyes slightly one by one as the floor hugged them, Vansh on top her, as she stared at the half unconscious man, his face infinitely close to hers, lying in the crook of her neck, her hands clutching his shirt slowly trailed towards his hands as her lips curled up, Vansh placed one hand behind her head while the other one snaked around her waist, protecting her from any major harm even though he was not in his senses to take care of himself.

"Musibat may dalta hai toh khud hi bacha bhi lete ho, janab aap kya ho?"

(You not only put me in problems but also successfully rescue from them. What exactly are you mister?)

She thought as she removed him from the top of hers.

Riddhima looked around from the first time. The there was a floor length portrait in the middle of the room which was covered with the white cloth they got covered with, on one side there was also a statue, a red dupatta was covering it whole. There were shelves around with books in them, there was also a cupboard in the wall on right side, right in front of the bottom stair.

But everything was covered in dust, it was as if no one entered here for years. Coughing, while waving her hand in front of her face, she covered her face with her dupatta and set to work. Picking up all the bottles she kept them in one far corner where on one can trip on them. She picked up the cloth, staring at the portrait, her head tilted as she saw the reflection a beautiful lady staring back at her.

The grace on her face and the kindness in her eyes screaming a beautiful soul at Riddhima. An involuntary sob escaped her, as Riddhima wiped her eyes. She don't know why but she was suddenly feeling very weak, seeing the woman as if someone so close to heart yet so far away. Who is she?

Covering the portrait, she took a deep sigh, that's when she noticed something in the outer frame of the it. Scrunching her brows she crouched down, carefully pulling it out, as she read the heading her eyes widened. Carefully hiding it in her dupatta, she stood up.

Walking back to Vansh, she helped him up again with much difficulty, hes very drunk. Gently putting her arm around his waist because he can hardly stand, let alone walk she walked towards the stairs.

"Vansh, room may chalo, humary bed may Abhi bhi raat hai. Sahara lo mera"

(Vansh, lets go to our room, our bed. It's still dark, come 'on lean on me.)