VANSH, THE PAST

HEY GUYS

HOPE YOU ARE ALL WELL

HERE'S THE NEXT ONE:

ENJOY:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

VANSH'S POV:

No living human, not even a single one knew the real me, who I am, what I became, and how I stepped up the ladder of life, protecting my family and became the VR. No one, not even my family knew about the horrors of life I faced, the prevailing darkness that threatened my sanity and dared to hurt me. I ate that darkness and became the king that I am today.

Even Angrey, the one closest to me and was my only ally during the dark times never saw the depth of the labyrinth of pain and chaos in my life.

The absence of my mother after I returned from juvenile, the hatred which I brewed in my heart for my father blaming him for ma's abandoning us, the death of my father, the attacks on the family, the incompetence of Rudra uncle, the blood, the destruction, the running, the cries of my sister, the silence Sia, the uselessness of Aryan and enemy on every direction everything spiraled the teenage Vansh emerged from the ashes like a phoenix and VR was born. Bottling up all my emotions, caging my humanity to the depths unknown I unleashed the beast within me.

That was how they got me. The VR, the king they trembled in front of. The day was still as fresh in my memory as the swirling darkness that envelopes the earth daily. Though my father was confined to his room for a large part of his last years still his name was enough for his enemies to never cross the line. But the day the news of his demise was carried by air, it changed us forever. Everyone knew Rudra Chachu (Uncle) was not strong enough to fight off the danger that was creeping towards the Rai Singhania's, closing in on every one of us, dying to hold us by the neck and push us down the water, to choke us to death. My dad, Umm, his enemies didn't want to leave any risks, and they attacked when I was just a lad.

So many years ago, I still remember that day, the day everything changed, the day I changed, forever, for worse. The day our house was invaded, men rushed in with guns to get rid of every last one of us. Just one week after my father's death, we barely escaped. Our men trying to save us, fighting with their lives in their hands but still their loyalty lies with my father. Uncle BHUSHAN, the underboss of my father took the bullet in his chest, the bullet that was meant for me.

We ran, all in one car, speeding through the rough path when my grandmother and Rudra uncle both told me that those men were after me, they feared I could rise to the top because I was my father's blood. They wanted to nib the problem in the bud and the rest of the family was just a bonus because the number one mafia rule, revenge should never be left incomplete.

The day I saw a look of hatred in my Ishani's eyes, her eyes accusing me. The day my Chachi (Aunt) cursed me for returning from the juvenile and becoming a problem for all of them. But more than any of that, the fear instilled in the eyes of each of my family members as bullets fired at us from every direction tore me apart. My father's words "Always protect your family, Family above all" kept ringing in my ears when I had the car stopped.

Stepping out I asked them to move towards the safe house as I stood strong in the middle of nowhere with a handful of my men to stop the attackers. I still remember my first kill, the utter brutality with which I tore every one of those attackers to hell to meet their maker with my bare hands.

The very day Angrey and I slit the throat of the three enemy mafia bosses who joined hands and send those men to VR Mansion. The fear I saw in their eyes as I appeared drenched in the blood of his men and my favorite part. When their blood splashed on my face I actually enjoyed it. The adrenaline, the rush, eating off the fear of them, I established the mark of my era.